Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
As REL says, you get them by contacting me either through this forum or at jwrjr (at) bellsouth (dot) net. Sorry about the way of describing it, but let's not make it TOO easy for the spiders, robots, and other such sub-life forms.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just had a phone conversation, and as a result I have to change what I said in the previous entry. I developed these for The FX Company, and they would prefer that you purchase these through them. Contact them at info (at) thefxcompany (dot) com. sorry about the unintentional misinformation earlier.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sparked on by Ratheon, I've found more uses for this foil tape. I'm using it to cover every surface where light won't show through so I don't have to use a lot of light blocking paint on the exterior, which softens detail. Since the kit is clear, I masked off all the area's where light is to shine through, then flip it over and can see where I need to mask off. The other nice feature of using the foil tape is it reflects light around better than paint could so I can use less LED's and have the same lighting effect.

2 light coats of primer, and that's it. Nice crisp detail.

·
Registered
352 Posts
VERY NICE! Shame that you can't get it though! The manufacturer can't sell it direct and the middleman does'nt respond to emails. I never knew an LED light effect could be proprietary! Apparently, due to a special demand, the middle guy now owns the Star Trek Enterprise bussard effect:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Oh that is friggin SWEET!!

Not surprised to hear that it is a JWRJR circuit design. The guy does incredible things with circuits :)

Great work REL.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts