Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a briggs and stratton 3.5 HP lawn mower and after 15-20 minutes the mower stalls and won't restart for an hour or so. I have replaced the plug, but to no avail.

Can anyone help with suggestions on what to look for now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you have a condensor on your engine, it 's possible that once the failing condensor gets hot, it shorts to ground, thus preventing spark until it cools down. The condensor is a small silver can that's part of the ignition system.

·
Registered
64 Posts
this happened to me it might not seem like it but it is the carb clening it might not help but a new carb will

·
Registered
64 Posts
im tellin ya either clean or buy a new carb it will run fine also is it a craftsman because their yard equipment is usually garbage but their tools r good but anyway i was working on 1 the other day and it had a plastic carburater which is sad

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
usually those small engines have plastic carb's to make the engine less expensive so it would be nothing to replace them. i had asked one time about replacing an all metal one on a riding mower no resemblance but it was about $190.00 thats why there plastic on those small ones. as for craftsmen mowers yeah there cheap but they have a fix it or replace it warrenty :D :D so if replacing the carb doesn't do it get it checked out

·
Registered
64 Posts
is the mower green cause we had this happen on a green craftsman 3.75 with a b/s and it was the carb also is should be crapsman

D

·
0 Posts
Is it a pulsa jet carb or a vacuject carb....sounds like a carb problem but I would not hurry out to buy a new one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts