Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I am about to describe the situation. Any assistence would be greatly appreciated:) Okay, here it is:

I have a LG notebook. Its a LS50a that I have had for about a year. I have a lot of software on this computer too, like for example, photoshop and image ready other adobe products and icechat, msn etc. I also access Myspace.com quite frequently as well as hotmail. Recently I have two problems:

1. I seem to have a very difficult time accessing my inbox in hotmail. While I can log in, I cannot access the mail on occassion unless I restart the computer. I think this may be an issue with the server but I am unsure.

But for the moment, this is more annoying:

2. When I am on sites like myspace, I am unable to see animated gifs in action! My computer simply will not allow me to view the gif in motion. Its strange becuase I can open a gif from my C drive and see it move just fine. Why is it that it decides to freeze when I look at it from a brower. I use internet explorer? I never used to have this problem. I wonder whether photoshop had taken over and therefore only allows me to see things in single frame...

As I said, these arent the most fasinating questions, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I say thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,
Mel

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Mel,

Not sure on your hotmail issue, sometimes its worth deleting your cookies / history / temporay internet files when things seem to be behaving oddly.

As for your issue with the gif's firstly I think the best thing for you to quickly check would be to check the following in IE Tools / Internet Options / Advanced, under Multimedia, place a check in the box "play animations in web pages" I'd also check windows updates if you havent done so for a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts