Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you mostly run indoor you can get away with a good quality midprice FM radio system. Get at least a ball bearing servo (a must). Expect to pay at least 150-180 for a top of the line speedo dont skimp in this department. Keyance,or a LRP Comp 2, Have heard good things about futaba mc8000c

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
Radio- Airtronics M8 with synthesized module. 27mhz-93627 or 75mhz-93675
Note: The JR R-1 is also a very good radio. JRP3340**
Speed control- GM V12xc Very small, Very good
Servo- JR7005 Smoothest servo on earth
Receiver- Airtronic synthesized. 27mhz-92927Z or 75mhz-92927Z(why pay $34+ ea for crystals when you can have them all in one package)

Buy the best, Don't waste ur money on the rest!

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
NOTE: Keyence is way over priced and is no better than any other speed control. Plus It is very hard to program. or understand how to program!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
3PK
KO or JR Digital Servo
Futaba P113i PCM receiver
LRP Q2

I save some headache's now and would go PCM on your radio.
You can have the best FM on the market and you will still get radio hits eventually at a track.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
3PK is one of the newest Futaba radios. I have always used Futaba both AM and FM. I have had virtually no problems with them. That includes 27 and 75 mgz. I have run off road, oval, velo, and indoor carpet oval. Novak XXL and XXtra receivers have been very dependable for me. Key rule never try to hide the antennae of an AM radio in the car; it works on FM not AM.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
With the 3PK just make sure you know which receiver you are getting with the radio.
One version is a High Frequency FM reciever which REQUIRES Digital Servo's.
The other version comes with a PCM reciever which works with any servo's.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
jflack said:
NOTE: Keyence is way over priced and is no better than any other speed control. Plus It is very hard to program. or understand how to program!
No! not really just takes some time to understand it,kinda like when you have to sit down with that new radio and figure out how to get to all the stuff on it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
My recommedation would be Futaba 3pk system either PCM or HRS. I would recommend the HRS because you then have to have a digital servo. The digital servos are so much better than standard ones, why not get the best from the start and forget it.

Futaba radio equipment is virtually bulletproof, i would never run anything else.

I use only Futaba servos S9550 digital for 1/10 oval.

Most of the speedos out there are fine. Novak just released the GTX, Keyence and the KO are all about equal. I had 3 runs on a QC2 and it caught on fire.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Danny is right. Futaba is good stuff. Also, what else can you buy that will give you a lap... the futaba has a button above your thumb that overrides the dualrate. It allows you to get out of a tight spot, other wise you would have to wait for a corner marshal. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts