Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran at Clover today & encountered a problem with my car I've never had happen. I noticed when the I had the battery plugged in & with the radio on, the throttle/brake servo & sometimes the steering servos were "jumping" around. Not real bad, but not steady like they should be. The wheels would actually turn back & forth some, thus my term "jumping". The Sendec tach was acting a lil crazy too, so I removed it from the car. Once I removed the tach, the problem goes away. You get the tach close to the car, it comes back. Doesn't even have to be hooked up. Anybody ever had this happen? Seems like some type of interference? Sorry for the long post, just sorta got me buffaloed. Thanks all.

Ken Dillard #00

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
if you use the screw ferro on top of the spark plug. it could be loose.
try replacing the spark plug.
cracked spark plug wire.
servo wires making contact with the frame of the car.
servo connectors being loose and pickup up the spark plug spikes.
move wires and/or receiver away from engine.

the tach is enhancing the spark plug spikes and placing it near the car is making something more receptive to the interference.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you use the screw ferro on top of the spark plug. it could be loose.
try replacing the spark plug.
cracked spark plug wire.
servo wires making contact with the frame of the car.
servo connectors being loose and pickup up the spark plug spikes.
move wires and/or receiver away from engine.

the tach is enhancing the spark plug spikes and placing it near the car is making something more receptive to the interference.
Thanks for your response Chuck. I will check all of the above.
PS: Just been thinking about clipping the tach to my belt & standing trackside with it. That way I can see what everyone else it turning! :freak: LOL
Ken Dillard #00

1 - 7 of 7 Posts