Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know the diff between brands of motors. Basically I run VTA (17.5), oval car/truck (13.5/17.5), and looking into world GT (10.5).

I would like to know the diff between brands. Who runs the most torque, rpm, and so forth. My hobby shop sells multiple brands, but I own the following: Tekin, Trinity, Orion, Losi, & Fantom.

How do I find out this info? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
IMHO the difference between good quality motors (novak, fantom, trinity, etc) is gearing. Some may offer more torque. Some may offer more RPM. If geared correctly, i think they all can be fast.

That being said, I prefer Novak motors. Never had any bad luck with them, and have been competetive with them.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
IMHO the difference between good quality motors (novak, fantom, trinity, etc) is gearing. Some may offer more torque. Some may offer more RPM. If geared correctly, i think they all can be fast.

That being said, I prefer Novak motors. Never had any bad luck with them, and have been competetive with them.
I agree 100%. The major difference for me(running off road) is what speedo and battery I put in front of the motor.I also own a few different brands(novak ,trinity, speed passion) and from what I am experiencing it is all about finding the right ratio for each brand of motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts