Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come Hotwheels has yet to release the Eleanor casting GT500E mustang in pepper grey with black hood stripes??

It's been recolored 4 or 5 times now? Red, yellow, purple.. it's also been released as a Classics version...

Where the heck is the grey one?? I mean, it's an Eleanor casting... shouldn't it have been painted like her?? if there's copyright infringements, wouldn't that have interfered with the tooling??

At LEAST give us a british racing green BULLITT version... I'd be cool with that... those tampos are AWFUL....

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I agree about the tampos, also have to add that there is something weird about the shape of that cast.
As far as the Bullit Mustang, that was a 68 and not a Shelby... and it was already done by Racing Champions many moons ago.

They could do a sliver w/black stripes...altho the silver Eleanor has been done many, many times...incuding HW's them selves in a Gone in 60 Seconds box set.... and all companys that did them, look 10 times better than this wierd cast

IMO, Shelby Collectibles did the best job, with it's opening hood and doors, detailed engine and even side mirrors

..one last thing, they aren't calling it an "Eleanor" anywhere on the packaging.. so maybe that's why they cant do it in sliver(?)... most recent one labeled as Eleanor was the Shelby Collectibles one, so maybe that's who has the rights...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know they aren't the same year, and the Bullitt Mustang wasn't a Shelby... but, the Eleanor mustang that hot wheels produced back in the day was a poor excuse... I could paint a pinto grey with black stripes and call it Eleanor, but I doubt anyone would want it..
I was just saying, they painted an incorrect car like Eleanor, why don't they just paint it green and pretend, like they've done in the past...

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I know what you mean. Be careful, though. Someone might accuse you of foolishly making suggestions directly to Mattel, who we all know scours HT for business advice and marketing ideas.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
picked up the burgundy/red/brown gt500 today, just to laugh at how ugly it is with its orange windshield and all

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
The Real Eleanor is here, this is by Shelby Collectibles and it is hot. HW dont have a shot with their ugly version..................

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
It was a 71 Mustang made to look like a 73

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
While Eleanor in the original movie was a 1973 Mustang Mach 1, Eleanor in the crappy 2000 remake was the 1967 Shelby GT500.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Yeah the 2000 year Eleanor is what I showed. There is nothing crappy about the Unique Performance street Elearnors. Those are some fast and high dollar cars with Shelby approval. Unique did go under because they promised too many cars and under priced their work on building these cars. The few that were built have lucky owners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts