Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What to do whilst the imps and wife are off hunting Easter eggs for a few hours?
Scramble this together while I had the chance and a fresh idea!

This is the plastic egg you hide the candy in for the hunt:

Pic-1

I took one-half of one egg and poached it until the plastic held its narrower form I wanted.
Once cooled- I began to decorate the shell.

Pic-2

Yes, clip-ons fit too- hence the thread name, (but I didn’t build one…yet).
Think: BMW, Issetta, Messershmitt, goggo-mobile. The cars with the front opening as the door. This would be great for this scale!

pic-3

Cont..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since this was a quickie, I used pin-stripe tape on the sides for the windows. I coloured the lines to break it up a little.

The headlamps are fog lites from a 39 chev’, the grille is a headlamp from a Pont’ J2000, and the bumpers are custom hand-grips off a larger scale steering wheel.

The streamliner side panels are a custom 40’ Ford grill cut in half and re-shaped.
The roof aero-bar came to me when searching for something to give it a more streamlined look. I found nothing in my spares, and started looking elsewhere-- like in my daughter’s rooms.
I stole the blade off of one of my girls’ doll’s ice-skates!
(I’ll catch it for this later…)
With it slightly reshaped and ground down, it worked out kind of nice.

It was fun figuring this out and getting it together. I suppose I could call it my retro/future Easter egg Aero-bus.

The handling is surprisingly good! But it can’t take much of a beating- :freak:
Eggs-actly as you would expect…
No yoke! ;)

Keep your sunny side up!
Happy Easter to all here and ones’ close to them.

Cheers,
phil&Fam’

Attachments

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Awww Maannn this is so awesome!! how does it run eh??? if this was a contest - you are the winner! :)

Wes

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
LMAO.....Phil, what are you smoking my friend?? :tongue:

This is such a cooky idea...that it rocks...hahaha...a friggin' egg slot car...who would have frickin' thought :thumbsup:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Eggs-cellent!

Why am I not surprised? You're trully eggs-asperating to keep up with.

This modified chicken embryo has got to be one of my all time favs. The whole George Jetson meets the Easter Bunny theme really tickles me.

You've been quiet as of late. I should have known the fox was in the henhouse cooking something up.

Your eggs-estential creativity scrambles my mind.

Go easy with that beautiful Humpty Dumpty. You wouldnt want to have a crack up! ;)

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Wow...

That design is really outside the carton Boss!.... A bare chassis, a few bits of plastc, and you just seem to egg-cel. That's what we count on you for though Boss... cutting egg designs. Just goes to show you what can be done with whats just laying around. tjd

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Eggs-ceptional amount of creativity that went into this one, no yolk!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
hahah Awesome Boss! your truely taking the hobby one step forward.. stepping outside the shell...

Dave

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
You sure are hard-boiled when it comes to slots, Boss! (but a good egg, none-the-less) :thumbsup:
Any chance of laying a dozen more of these for the next chat car, hey?!
You sure have hatched a brilliant idea this time! Make mine a 3 minute egg. :thumbsup: No light-benders for me, eh!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easter hare-cut

I would like to eggstend my thanks for the comps’ everyone eggspressed-

I truly didn’t eggspect this much response!

I mean which runs better afx or tjet chassis under it?

Wes
Wes- I haven't built the AF-eggs chass' one yet, but i was thinking of changing the stock T-jet to an Egg-schell-erator chass’-

TX Street Racer LMAO.....Phil, what are you smoking my friend?? :tongue:
Tex- between the depression meds, the sleep aids, and the pain-killers for my shoulder, I'm lucky just to remember my name!

This modified chicken embryo has got to be one of my all time favs. The whole George Jetson meets the Easter Bunny theme really tickles me. Go easy with that beautiful Humpty Dumpty. You wouldnt want to have a crack up! Bill
Never thought of that, Bill-
I was more along the Buck Rodgers, Sky Pilot theme-
It is a bit fragile with that roof spear and headlamp assem., but I refuse to let it become a Shell-f queen, though-

Just goes to show you what can be done with whats just laying around. tjd
Aww..thank you TJ! Nothing too eggstreme, really-

sethndaddy said:
I can't wait till christmas, to see the tree decoration car. lol
very creative.
Thanks Daddy-O! I showed this other (see below) not long after I’d joined HT years back, before the slot board was up and running-
A standard chass’, with just a touch of internal grinding needed.
Just a quick & fun project for the holiday-
Now I can stage the Easter Hop n’ Roll Nats!

dlw: Add a tail, and you got the ultimate cat toy.
Dlw--See the pics below for another ultimate cat toy!

Coach & SP & Scooter:
It’s not like I did any eggstra work. I started raw, and in two hours it was Over- easy…

Any chance of laying a dozen more of these for the next chat car, hey?! joez
Funny how we think alike! I was mulling over that scheme myself, but I'm too far along with "other" chat-mobiles to look back, now.
I'll just "lay" low on that one-

So who’s gonna’ build the AF-Eggs chass’ car?

Surely, I'm no eggspert… ;)

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
sethndaddy said:
I never thought I would see so many "EGG" statements and jokes in my life, and then they come again, and again.
Well said Ed. The word play from the gang has been egg-xemplary. Both Robin(TM) and I were having fun reading all the creative rhetoric. Leave it to Boss to start a tsunami of mayhem.

A fine egg-xample of our membership and an egg-squisite omlette of fun.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Phil,

Great idea, and I couldn't add anything else to what's been posted to date. I'd be interested to see what that would do on the auction block. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: rr

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Hey Boss !

Interesting ! you must have be inspired by Bucky Fuller's Dymaxion & the Stout Scarab from the 30's ! It certainly has that Flash Gordon / Buck Rogers "Mojo" from the old 30's serials !Most "futuristic" cars of the 30's looked like this !Perhaps I will do one too !
The only thing is that lack of a center window in front- not good for frnt visibilty-but it is still a graet concept ! Thanx !

:dude: Neal

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you guys considered professional help? :tongue:

-- Bill

I shouldn't complain, but I'm not eggactly getting the yolks, and I'm getting a little eggzasperated!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts