Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
i have several ponds in my backyard, wonder if the fish raise the value, and i'd be scared to buy a rare piece from someone who can't spell the company name right...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I love how he states that if the bus doesn't sell he will keep it for another 10 yrs ...

" The price for this model in the 2002 edition of "The Encyclopedia of Matchbox Toys" by Charlie Mack was $750 US ($970 NZ) for mint in box & that was over 10 years ago,a lot of the rare MB toys on trademe sell for twice the book value from the 2002 edition;so if I don't sell at this price I will just keep as an investment for another 10 years. "

He's definitely not a collector as he's only worried about making cash from it.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I love how he states that if the bus doesn't sell he will keep it for another 10 yrs ...

" The price for this model in the 2002 edition of "The Encyclopedia of Matchbox Toys" by Charlie Mack was $750 US ($970 NZ) for mint in box & that was over 10 years ago,a lot of the rare MB toys on trademe sell for twice the book value from the 2002 edition;so if I don't sell at this price I will just keep as an investment for another 10 years. "

He's definitely not a collector as he's only worried about making cash from it.
I don't care if it's a mint sweet sixteen, prices have droooooooooooooooopped..

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
$999 now, but in 10 years it could be worth............??? (could be much less, could be more)

I wonder what a gallon of gas will be in 10 years?

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
I don't know what is a bigger joke, the ad ior the lister... If that thing is worth a grand, I will retire, cause I have about 10 or 12 of them... Bought most at a thrift store for twenty five cents a piece, the others at garage sales for fifty cents or so a piece !!! What an idiot !!!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
List one immediately on eBay for $100 BIN or Best Offer Stangfreak. Someone will notice it is a bargain compared to $999.

You never know, and a "Thank you STUTZ" is all that's necessary if you sell one. :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I don't know what is a bigger joke, the ad ior the lister... If that thing is worth a grand, I will retire, cause I have about 10 or 12 of them... Bought most at a thrift store for twenty five cents a piece, the others at garage sales for fifty cents or so a piece !!! What an idiot !!!

That's why it is so RARE......You have the market cornered. :devil:

Notice I refrained from using the word "hoarder". :jest:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think he refers to the Eduscho coffee decal. Do you have ten or twelve of those? I know the Londoner is very common and you get them with different decals, especially Berger Paints.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
He paid nearly $1,000 for it years ago because he has too much money to care and he's worth millions. And "loosers" like you have to get a loan to buy it. :lol: The guy is just a fool fishing for fools and pretty much proved it.

Funny story man congrats. :thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
None of mine have that coffee decal... 5 are more colorful like the one on the box... I have 2 red ones of the exact casting with no name on the bottom... and 2 are blue ones, beat pretty badly... I guess there went my zillions !!!

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts