Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
since Marty mentioned ebids I been checking them out and snagged these 2 cigar box cars in near mint condition. $6.00 total (thats including shipping)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
See, you got me looking. I just signed up for an eBid account. How does that work, anyway? If the price is in green, you have to bid on it, but if the price is in red, it's like a Buy it Now?

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Can one assume Aurora pumped out tons more T-Birds than the others?... Seems to be quite a few of them out there as opposed to the other body styles.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
My brother and I had a few of these as kids.

We thought they were Hotwheels for poor kids because they were made of plastic.

We felt bad,and never played with them.Eventually we smashed them in my fathers big bench vise on the work bench and used them as part of the junk yard on our ho model railroad.

I never remember to plug my phone in,but I can still remember every car that we smashed in the vise or with a big rock 40 some years later.

These are really cool.There are a few in an antique mall I hit once a week.I may have to grab them.

Wont mash them up this time tho.

Mike

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
My brother and I had a few of these as kids.

We thought they were Hotwheels for poor kids because they were made of plastic.

We felt bad,and never played with them.Eventually we smashed them in my fathers big bench vise on the work bench and used them as part of the junk yard on our ho model railroad.

I never remember to plug my phone in,but I can still remember every car that we smashed in the vise or with a big rock 40 some years later.

These are really cool.There are a few in an antique mall I hit once a week.I may have to grab them.

Wont mash them up this time tho.

Mike
When I can bring myself to take one apart and convert it to Tjet duty, they make for interesting projects. I have cut the bumpers off the chassis and left enough of the chassis mounting hole area to just mount them to the screwposts, no gluing needed. Did a '67 Thunderbird and a Firebird that way. Changes the whole way it handles, especially on skinny tires...

--rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts