Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living here in Japan, I get pretty good access to some neat diecast cars.
Here are some of mine from Ebbro and Kyosho
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Nice. I have a few of those Skyline models.

If you ever get a chance to travel to Tokyo, that's where many of the cool "minika no omochaiya" are located.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Very nice cars! I am really digging the race replicas, thanks for posting.

Is this the same Twitch I knew from the UTH club? If so, I forgot you were a member here, so great to see you posting! How is all going over there, still working on the air craft?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice cars! I am really digging the race replicas, thanks for posting.

Is this the same Twitch I knew from the UTH club? If so, I forgot you were a member here, so great to see you posting! How is all going over there, still working on the air craft?
One and the same. Been home for 3 weeks now after spending 3 months on the USS Stennis and 2 months on the USS Eisenhower.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
How cool to have you back and on Hobby Talk. I have to say, your one of the guys I missed most when I dropped my Greenlight membership. I always enjoied your photos of the ships and work so much.

I also have the great 1:43's you picked up for me in Japan. Nice your around. Looking forward to more post.

Ward

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hello Twitch!

Nice to meet you :wave: and welcome back! :tongue:

Glad to see someone else here collecting Ebbro & Kyosho.
These are the two brands that got me 'into' 1:43 scale collecting, basically as no one else made Toyota models at the time. My 1:43 collection is probably 75 to 80% Ebbro and Kyosho.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you got. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How cool to have you back and on Hobby Talk. I have to say, your one of the guys I missed most when I dropped my Greenlight membership. I always enjoied your photos of the ships and work so much.

I also have the great 1:43's you picked up for me in Japan. Nice your around. Looking forward to more post.

Ward
Hey Ward,
Good to "see" you again. I wondered where you went.
I'm still maintaining my Greenlight membership. What 1/43's did I get send you? My memory has been failing me. Last year Japan came out with Ford's 100th Anniversary set. They were only available on cans of coffee and needless to say, I had a ton of canned coffee in my fridge. LOL
Jessie

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Twitch!

Nice to meet you :wave: and welcome back! :tongue:

Glad to see someone else here collecting Ebbro & Kyosho.
These are the two brands that got me 'into' 1:43 scale collecting, basically as no one else made Toyota models at the time. My 1:43 collection is probably 75 to 80% Ebbro and Kyosho.

Looking forward to seeing more of what you got. :thumbsup:
Hey Toyota,
Good to meet you.
I just picked up a couple more 1/43's
The one from EBBRO is the New Nissan GT-R Black Edition
and the one from Kyosho is the NISMO R34 GT-R S une in White Pearl.
I'll post pictures as soon as I can find the charger for my camera's battery.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Hey Ward,
Good to "see" you again. I wondered where you went.
I'm still maintaining my Greenlight membership. What 1/43's did I get send you? My memory has been failing me. Last year Japan came out with Ford's 100th Anniversary set. They were only available on cans of coffee and needless to say, I had a ton of canned coffee in my fridge. LOL
Jessie
I dropped my membership afer GL lost the IRL cars. Being that racing replicas are my point of collection, the street cars just did offer me enough reason to stay in the club. Though I still think it is a wonderful club and meet many nice folks there. By the looks of that camper they are offering, I might return for a year!:p

You sent me two JGTC cars from Ebbro. A Honda NSX and a Nissan test car. Still have them in the case!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dropped my membership afer GL lost the IRL cars. Being that racing replicas are my point of collection, the street cars just did offer me enough reason to stay in the club. Though I still think it is a wonderful club and meet many nice folks there. By the looks of that camper they are offering, I might return for a year!:p

You sent me two JGTC cars from Ebbro. A Honda NSX and a Nissan test car. Still have them in the case!
Okay,
Now I remember.
I don't do trucks but that camper truck is going to change that for me.
I've had to kind of change my collecting habits and stick to one casting, but sometimes I just can't let certain ones pass me by.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Thanks for the link. There are some great models. I have a bunch more but I have them stored away right now. Kind of running out of room LOL
Do you live on base or off? We found a three bedroom off base in Japan and I was able to have one set aside mostly for my collection.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you live on base or off? We found a three bedroom off base in Japan and I was able to have one set aside mostly for my collection.
Yes, I do live offbase. I have a three bedroom house and each room is loaded with diecast cars and nic nacs I have picked up over the years.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yes, I do live offbase. I have a three bedroom house and each room is loaded with diecast cars and nic nacs I have picked up over the years.
Sweet. I keep telling my wife (she's from Japan), that we're going to move back one day, but she likes it here in Cali too much! LOL

Where do you do your shopping? Actual shops or online? I love Japan for all the minicar shops that are everywhere! I'm familiar with a few Tokyo & Yokohama shops, but I've never been to Okinawa. I'm working on a "Guide to Minicar Shops" for my website and would like to know if you have any recommendations or suggestions for the Okinawa area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet. I keep telling my wife (she's from Japan), that we're going to move back one day, but she likes it here in Cali too much! LOL

Where do you do your shopping? Actual shops or online? I love Japan for all the minicar shops that are everywhere! I'm familiar with a few Tokyo & Yokohama shops, but I've never been to Okinawa. I'm working on a "Guide to Minicar Shops" for my website and would like to know if you have any recommendations or suggestions for the Okinawa area.
There used to be a shop here in Okinawa that I got most of my 1/43's from, but the lady who ran it decided to retire and shut down the shop.
When I get a chance to go to Atsugi, there is a shop called Kid Box that is loaded with all kinds of models. Iwakuni is another place I have been to that has a great model shop. I could never figure out the name, I just know how toget to it. Sometimes I'll get lucky at TRU here in Okinawa though. I do have 2 to chose from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts