Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, you all may remember this thread about a pair of Micro Scalextric Transformers cars I wanted to get the kids for Christmas. Well, they got here, but they didn't. When I opened the box from the UK, about 10 days before Christmas, I found a pair of silver Mercedes/McLaren F1 cars. I contacted the seller a few times over 5 days and never got a response, and I was starting to get worried. I noticed at the bottom of the auction, the seller said that he was selling on behalf of Slot Cars Wales over the holiday season. So before jumping over to the Resolution Center, I contacted THAT seller (slot-cars-wales-ltd). First of all, the guy is hilarious. His response started:

"Thanks - homeautosoft is my brother and I'll kick his arse for you with pleasure."

Besides that, he offered to make the deal right even beyond what I expected—either refund my money and I keep the F1 cars, or send the Transformers at no extra cost and I STILL keep the F1 cars. I got the right cars today (we’ve been away and the post office was holding our mail, they probably would have been here a few days ago) and they’re VERY cool. Stephen at slot-cars-wales-ltd is definitely a good guy to deal with. Figured I'd put this up here because he has a lot of Micro Scalextric stuff at reasonable BIN prices, and his shipping is fair, too... $8 US to ship across the pond. Heck, we pay $5 here to go a state or two away if you want Priority.

--rick

edit: ok, so it looks like the original seller (homeautosoft) has most of the HO stuff now, all slot-cars-wales-ltd has at the moment is the Simpsons on skateboards...

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Good for you Rick. There are alot of nice people on the bay and will do almost anything to correct a mistake. Sounds like they have a fun family.

I hear you about the shipping thing. Barry Midland set me 24 cars from England for $10. I sent a package to Australia for $40 with the post office. UPS wanted $102.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know the feeling of finding someone nice on Ebay, we did too. I've gotten to know the seller over the past year and he knows my two sons and 5 year old daughter are getting in to the hobby and he always sends something extra for the kids, even me, really really really nice guy. It' s nice to hear about things going right, especially with ebay lately

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ive dealt with slotcars-wales before too. Very professional guy. There are a LOT of good sellers--and buyers--on ebay. I dont like their fees anymore than the rest of you but its still the best deal in town for most stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts