Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I won an auction for the new M2 Mopar 1957 Dodge COE Gold Chase. When I paid, Paypal (for some reason) sent the seller the wrong address. Now this address WAS in my paypal and it belongs to a former HT member that I used to help out once in a while. He has looooong since gotten out of diecast collecting and the only email I have to contact him just bounces right back to me. I did contact the seller a couple of times to inform them of the address screw up but they have not replied back to me. Now I have no idea if it was shipped out to his address or mine. Or if it's even been shipped yet. I think I may end up losing out on this one. 16 bucks out the door...........:(

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
ive done it and same thing happened to me, however they read the message and sent to correct address. might do the same for you.

·
Banned
565 Posts
Steve, I am sorry to hear that and I hope everything works out for you. Chances are the seller read the email but did not take the time to respond. I hope that is what happened in your case. Keep us posted, I would hate to see you lose money over a seller not reading their e-mails. Poor customer service if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Send a letter to the guy where it might have been sent. I'm sure if you had helped him out and he gets it he will do the right thing and forward it on.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Hope you got a seller who keeps up on their messages Quimby. Being available for communication is part of a seller's responsibility after all.

It's easy to click the wrong info on PayPal, old information just seems to hang around for some reason. You have to be very deliberate when updating the account information to make sure it's been updated. And then check your address and billing info again each time for accuracy before completing a transaction just in case. It's good practice anyway.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have had paypal screw up like that before.. make sure you go into paypal and ebay and DELETE that address. Don't just inactivate it, delete it. I haven't had a problem yet. Luckily the address the package was mailed to in my case was sent to my old room mates place, only 15 minutes away.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
WOW Steve... That's a pure bummer... Hope all goes well for ya and ya get your car... I think we have all had a fling or two thih pay pal, and or ebay... I know I always got the short end of the stick !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts