Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen lately.
Several times lately I've gotten an e-mail notice of something I'm watching on eBait has come up for re-listing. The format looks legit, however, the item is NOT something I HAVE been watching. I never click on the item or email in case it's a scam. I check in to Ebait on my private link to verify I did NOT "watch" it.
Has anyone else had this happen recently ? Is this a new scam maybe?

Dabbler

PS. i'ts actually not even an item I'd be interested in in the first place, which raises more doubt.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
It's a spam, I get those too; when in doubt or when I want to look at the item, I exit my email, sign in to 'My ebay', then go back to the email to see the item; this way, I've already signed with ebay in and don't have to sign in on the page provided by the scammer.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been aware of those and taken precautions but this one looks just like an eBait page, not a usual plain e-mail, so "be careful out there".

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
This is good information! Maybe off topic but important stuff for everybody to be aware of!

Watch for e-mails that appear to be from from PayPal that ask for things like PayPal sign in pass words or credit card numbers. PayPal will never solicit that information from you!
These e-mails might look real but they are NOT. They are from scammers who are Phishing for info that they can use to steal from you!
Anytime you get e-mails like that DO NOT provide any of the info they ask for and immediately forward those emails with a note to [email protected].

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
John P said:
I get those too, and I don't even have an evilbay account! :lol:
Here I was being paranoid and thinking it was just me who got those. Like JP I dont even have an account. I get notices for payment due on merchandise I supposedly bought from the auction site.

Nice trick, seeing as how I never had an account on the E place. I love how they say I'll get an unfavorable rating or that they will close my account. :lol:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I get, and have become accustomed to receiving, at all times of the year:

emails saying they are from Paypal, asking me to update my account;

'Question from ebay member' which require me to log in with my ID and password;

'Response to question for an ebay member', which again require me to log in;

hundreds of emails supposedly from ebay asking me to confirm or update my membership details, plus many other bogus ebay-related emails which don't fit into these categories, such as ones telling me I have won an item I have never bid on.

Each time I have tried to forward the spam to [email protected], the spam message has gone blank and not appeared in the forward message space.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cro-Magnon, have you tried copy & paste ? Or, try to right click on the subject line of your outgoing Email to see if it IS there as an attachment?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts