Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any online die cast platforms where people can sell, trade or purchase Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, Corgi, Matchbox, Dinky, Atlas, Racing Champions, Maisto, M2 Machines, Bburago, Danbury Mint, as well as model kits from AMT, Monogram, Revell, MPC, etc., etc., etc.?
I am looking to sell a HUGE collection soon, and don't care to utilize eBay anymore.
Thanx!
Ziggy

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
Understand that!

We honestly dont have enough active traffic here to justify taking the time and effort to list a huge number of items like you will have and expect to have to many actually completed sales directly from here. But as I keep telling everyone - if you post it - they will come. Our lurker (search) bot hits is 10Xs (or more) the active member activity on a daily basis - so there is that to consider.

Right now I am looking at HobbyDB myself and their sales board. My current understanding is 10% of the sales amount goes to them and you have to use paypal to get paid and of course their cut as well. So there is that to still consider as well for them. Not as bad as Ebay's current terms but still the same set up.

If you do decide to list with HobbyDB or another site - remember you can still post links to those sales items back here in the respective HobbyDB sales boards or the general one.

I do ask members to consider giving our current members the first shot at items if you can. Think of it as preparing drafts for posting at other sales sites later on!

Reactions: samace22

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understand that!

We honestly dont have enough active traffic here to justify taking the time and effort to list a huge number of items like you will have and expect to have to many actually completed sales directly from here. But as I keep telling everyone - if you post it - they will come. Our lurker (search) bot hits is 10Xs (or more) the active member activity on a daily basis - so there is that to consider.

Right now I am looking at HobbyDB myself and their sales board. My current understanding is 10% of the sales amount goes to them and you have to use paypal to get paid and of course their cut as well. So there is that to still consider as well for them. Not as bad as Ebay's current terms but still the same set up.

If you do decide to list with HobbyDB or another site - remember you can still post links to those sales items back here in the respective HobbyDB sales boards or the general one.

I do ask members to consider giving our current members the first shot at items if you can. Think of it as preparing drafts for posting at other sales sites later on!
Thanx! I will definitely look into HobbyDB and I like the idea of giving HobbyTalk members first dibs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts