Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
From what i understand they are a re design IP cell.. They did very well with htem at the touring nats.. There a better made cell as far as durability.. Ive also heard the run pretty good.. Only time will tell..

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
larry big johns said:
Whats the word on these cells anyone running them??? If so how do they compare??? Thanks LBJ
http://www.heftycells.com/

Corey is matching them. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions.

All I know is stuff I have heard second hand. They don't seem to have killer numbers or anything, but they seem to perform really well on the track for guys.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I'll be running the Hefty EP4200 cells at the BRL race. I heard that there isn't much difference between these and what people had for the Snowbirds. They are new cells, but there probably a heck of a lot better than any old cells. I still have 2 of the packs that Hefty put out at the Ft. Wayne BRL race and they ran really well this past weekend. I'm looking forward to trying the EP's.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
We ran some of the new Hefty cells this past weekend and I am sold on them. They run strong and do not drop off! Numbers are ok ( Corey's numbers are REAL numbers) but they realy perform on the track!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ran Pro-Match EP's this week-end in Daytona. Car and Driver stunk up the show.:rolleyes: Wasn't the Batteries fault. Batts were strong, Performed well on the track. No venting or other issues while charging.Had plenty of "punch". Ran them in 4-cell stock.

Wade

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I've been running Fusion EP4200's since November with pretty good results.

They seem to have a rather high self-discharge rate though. Don't let them sit for weeks without checking on them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Any NIMH cell designed for voltage / performance is not going to retain its charge for more than a few weeks , assuming a full charge .

Thats the pain with any new NIMH cell , those that say to cycle or at least charge once a month when not in use are dead on ,,,, or you'll have dead cells come race season.

Nimh 's self- discharge 2-3 times worse than the old nicad days.

Any 4.8 lipo's out yet ????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts