Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help!!!!!!!

Maybe some of You guys have run into this problem. I am running a Pro 3 slider in 4300 class on asphalt 365' drive line. the rear of the car is bouncing and acts like it wants to brake loose in the rear you know kinda skiding around the corner. I have tried softer springs and it gets worse I tried thicker shock oil and nothing. its eating the Right rear tire bad.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
just talking about this last night, 2 things, 1 front end and rear end are working against eachother doing the "shuffle" in the corner, or the car is doing a slide rather than a rotate in the corner and thats where you will get coneing or going through RR.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RF red tire,#1 locator plate,neg 2 1/2 camber,caster all the way back on the block white spring

LF pink tire #3 locator plate, pos 1 1/2 camber, caster, king pin strait up and down green spring

full size pink tire on both rears. Offset pod, 3 spacers on the right rear axle.

70 wt oil (changed from 40 wt) in the center shock with an wind tunnel opeque spring (STIFF) I went down to a black and it got worse.

side shocks, gold springs 70wt oil (changed from 30 wt) also tried a red spring on the left and a blue on the right and it got worse.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
What kind of banking does the track have and how smooth is it. Your set up looks like you have the front of the car to soft and the rear to hard but if you can discribe the track, more help can be given. I am not real familiar with foams on pavement but the balance of the car should be close. First thing make sure your front end has no binding and is lubed. Put the green springs on both fronts and copper center spring,put just 2 .020 spacers right rear, space the left rear out to even with the battery tray, try blue left side spring and gold right side spring, 70wt center is good but 35 wt side is all you should need unless the track is super bumpy and has no grip. Run as little preload on the springs as possible if the car is hopping aroud then the stiff springs and preload will make it worse.

You said you were running pinks on the rear and you might want to change the right rear to a double pink or purple depending on what the car does with these chages.

Hope that is helpfull maybe you should also try the hyperdrive thread for more advise thay are real helpfull.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The track is pretty smooth. it was redone 2 years ago. there is a little banking in the corners but not much. I tried a purple rear on the right once and didnt like the feel but maybe I should play with it a little more. Here is the web site for the track there is a pic of the track on the front page.

http://www.racewayathobbyworld.tk/

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
stoneman said:
RF red tire,#1 locator plate,neg 2 1/2 camber,caster all the way back on the block white spring

LF pink tire #3 locator plate, pos 1 1/2 camber, caster, king pin strait up and down green spring

full size pink tire on both rears. Offset pod, 3 spacers on the right rear axle.

70 wt oil (changed from 40 wt) in the center shock with an wind tunnel opeque spring (STIFF) I went down to a black and it got worse.

side shocks, gold springs 70wt oil (changed from 30 wt) also tried a red spring on the left and a blue on the right and it got worse.
I'd start with softening the center shock, it seems as though the rear tire is sliding more than the griping due to that shock not allowing enough weight transfer

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
THE DARKSIDE said:
I'd start with softening the center shock, it seems as though the rear tire is sliding more than the griping due to that shock not allowing enough weight transfer
Yea thats what I thought I put a softer spring on it and when I went around the corner the pod went crazy bouncing like I was on a bumpy dirt road.

Oh yea when I took it off the track and put it on the scales I only had 3 OZ on the right front tire And 12.9 on the left front tire.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
stoneman said:
Yea thats what I thought I put a softer spring on it and when I went around the corner the pod went crazy bouncing like I was on a bumpy dirt road.

Oh yea when I took it off the track and put it on the scales I only had 3 OZ on the right front tire And 12.9 on the left front tire.
Too heavy on the Left front tire!!

Lighten the LF tire and add weight to the LR tire.
Move electronics or batteries back on the chassis if possible to get the proper weight on the corners.

You need at least 32-33% of weight on LR and about 26-27% weight
on LF.

You should have adout 4 oz on the FR tire.
Crossweight should be about 51%.

Weight balance first then springs... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Stoney

try these springs. red fronts lr red rr gold center silva silver. oils 30wt side 50 rear. for weights it's tough to say but never let the rf get below 4.0 so what i would do is set the r.f weight to like 4.2 and see what the lr is.

also at HW camber should be lf 1 deg rf 1.5 deg

also where are the electronics located on the car?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
davepull said:
Stoney

try these springs. red fronts lr red rr gold center silva silver. oils 30wt side 50 rear. for weights it's tough to say but never let the rf get below 4.0 so what i would do is set the r.f weight to like 4.2 and see what the lr is.

also at HW camber should be lf 1 deg rf 1.5 deg

also where are the electronics located on the car?
Electronics are in the left front too. you think I should move them to the right side?

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
yes i would move them. Frank Ulbrich has a thread called pro built on here. He runs for hyperdrive and has a pro3 brushless. I believe he has his speddo on the LR and receiver towards the front of the tray. I know he runns a gtb without the fan and cap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts