Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to light a small building. Now... talk to me like I'm stupid, never done this before. Is there a ready to use complete kit to light up basically one room that even I can understand and set up? Everyone has to start someplace. But I have no idea where to begin. This is something I would really like to learn though, a sort of "have to learn to be satisfied" thing. Where does one get started here?

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I want to light a small building. Now... talk to me like I'm stupid, never done this before. Is there a ready to use complete kit to light up basically one room that even I can understand and set up? Everyone has to start someplace. But I have no idea where to begin. This is something I would really like to learn though, a sort of "have to learn to be satisfied" thing. Where does one get started here?
If I know one thing it's that here there are a lot of great folks that can and will help out a beginner with all sorts of info and advice. Try looking at CultTVman's lighting page as he has lighting kits for all sorts of levels of expertise. Also Voodoo FX.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
The options available are unlimited, could you give more info as to what size this building is, how you'd like the lights to behave, the color, what voltage
and current your supply can deliver and is it battery or wall-wart? But the most important factor is, what's your budget?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bob, you might want to look into the lighting kits made for model trains or dollhouses. Those folks light buildings for a living.

If you are looking for some special effect (such as flickering lights), you might find just what you're looking for when the Halloween decorations come out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts