Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Since JL's have always faced west inside their plastic bubble, what would it do for collectibility if RC2 suddenly started facing them east for future releases?

2) Do you think this would increase the value of older cards?

3) What if RC2 did this for just one release dedicated to, say, the top ten most popular cars manufactured in the east w/ a red, white and blue theme...how do you think such a series would sell?

4) If each plastic bubble had a clear view on the back of each card, so that collectors could inspect both views of the car, would this be a practicle consideration for RC2?

5) Do you display your OOP cars all in one direction, or do you display JL's facing west and HW's facing east? (For those who collect both)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
1) Since JL's have always faced west inside their plastic bubble, what would it do for collectibility if RC2 suddenly started facing them east for future releases?
Dont see how it would matter, seeing as how some of the older releases face the other way as it is.

2) Do you think this would increase the value of older cards?
nah, if anything like that would happen, the new packaging all together would affect the value

3) What if RC2 did this for just one release dedicated to, say, the top ten most popular cars manufactured in the east w/ a red, white and blue theme...how do you think such a series would sell?
sure, if they are good cars

4) If each plastic bubble had a clear view on the back of each card, so that collectors could inspect both views of the car, would this be a practicle consideration for RC2?
yes, but no, that means rc2 can't hide their mistakes!

5) Do you display your OOP cars all in one direction, or do you display JL's facing west and HW's facing east? (For those who collect both)
OOP? ... right now they are all on my dresser/shelves, and i fan them out, ones on the right are angled left, ones of the left are angled right, in middle face straight out.
EAST COAST!!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
east, west....once they are out of the package it don't matter. I honestly couldn't tell you which way a car sits in the blsiter pack.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
1) Probably not much difference in value.
2) Doubtful.
3) If they are popular with the collectors / fans, then they should sell, otherwise no.
4) Practical, yes. Allow them to raise the price yet another dollar and use this as an excuse, probably.
5) Let's see, mine face north and east that are in the cases in my room. The others are facing in various directions elsewares. But I mainly have my cars facing right.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm confused :confused: If you face the cars towards the sun in the morning they are facing east. If you face them away from the sun in the morning they are facing west :rolleyes: If the sun is directly on the exposed side in the morning they are facing south. :hat: Etc. etc. etc. :wave:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Place them in a Matchbox style vintage box, knock 1.00 off the price and be done with it already. Between shipping costs, space, storage/warehouse, blister expense I'm ready for someone to go back and give me some real retro. ;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark Hosaflook said:
Place them in a Matchbox style vintage box, knock 1.00 off the price and be done with it already. Between shipping costs, space, storage/warehouse, blister expense I'm ready for someone to go back and give me some real retro. ;)
That's a thought. They would probably sell a lot more display cases that-a-way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts