Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racers -

Join us Sept. 10-11-12 for the 3rd Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer at McCulloughs Offroad in Sarver, Pennsylvania. Last year over 100 racers from 5 states showed up for a weekend of great racing and to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Don't miss out on this year's event!

Schedule: Friday open practice, Saturday 4 qualifiers, Sunday Main events.

Nitro and electric classes include:
Sportsman
Stock - Buggy & Truck (must supply your own ROAR legal stock motor)
Modified - Buggy, Truck, & 4WD (mod classes will run a triple A-main format)
Gas Truck
1/8 Scale Buggy
Monster Truck

tons of raffle prizes, food, fun & ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY :)

for more info: www.mcculloughs-offroad.com

·
Registered
223 Posts
count me in al but i dont know if ill be running my b4 or the xxx stuff if i like the b4 doug will be ordering old biggins t4 also

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob... you trader. I'm warning you, Gary will disown you :)

Also, should mention...

Entry fees for the Race Against Cancer are $30 for the first class and $15 for each additional. All entries received before August 21 get a free event T-Shirt. Again all entry fees go to the American Cancer Society and are considered a tax deductable donation... even if you race an Associated B-4 :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
I am not positive(check with your accountant) but Everything you buy at the race should be considered expenses to run at the race,might be a good time to stock up!

I know Doug would love it!

I can't make,I'm leaving for Florida on the 11th.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Booooo Tom! What does Florida have that the track doesn't??? Ok... don't answer that :)

And I believe you're right on the deduction... from what I understand, raffle tickets, expenses paid for travel to the event, and any additional costs to run the event may all be tax deductable. Please check with your accountant first, I'm not a certified CPA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wrote off my entry fees last year. I also wrote off my mileage to and from the event. I found out that I could write off expenses as well. I did not have reciepts so I did not bother writing them off. I use turbo tax to do my taxes so its fairly simple. Keep those reciepts for the race. I know I will ask Doug and the RC Connection for receipts for all the stuff I'll need. See you at the race!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete - "hippy lettuce" does not count as a write off.

Mike - Good to know... I'm sure we'll be bothering you for another raffle donation for this year's race :) How is the new track coming along??

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far there are several confirmed sponsored drivers... Dave Montgomery, Brian Handwork, Brent Thielke, Rob Schaffer, & Todd Lewis will be there and several more are trying to make plans to attend.

Remember, pre-register by 8/21 to get a free t-shirt....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Entry forms are now available for download on the website. If you are planning on attending, please try to pre-register. We're expecting a pretty large turnout for this one and it would really be a big help to us if you could sign up in advance.

for race info... www.mcculloughs-offroad.com

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Prizes are starting to roll in from the race sponsors. So far nice stuff from Team Associated, Team Losi/Horizon, Orion, Boca Bearing, and more... even another autographed Steeler team football is on the way from Steel City Hobbies!

If any manufacturers are interested in sponsoring the race it's not too late, please PM me for details. Again, all donations are tax deductable and money raised helps to find a cure for cancer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far there have been more pre-entries for this race than in the previous two years and we still have another week to go before the event!

Some big names are entered... Dave Montgomery, Jesse Robbers, Brian Handwork, James Schlick, Todd Lewis, Anthony Mazzara, plus a lot of other fast guys that I'm skipping over... it even looks like Mike Truhe may be flying out from the west coast to join us. Don't miss out... race info and entry forms on the website.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts