Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Steve C. said:
True, a Zinger is a Zinger, but the Toys presentation in or out of the blister pac is what moves...

For example...you put lip stick on a pig, you have a pig,
you take that same pig, present him in the fashion of a lish Bar Be Qued Pork chop...who ya gonna eat?
Steve, not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand what you are saying... can you give us two solid examples of each, and SHOW us what you are talking about? Show us the "pig", and show us the "Pork Chop". Thanks

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Steve, not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand what you are saying... can you give us two solid examples of each, and SHOW us what you are talking about? Show us the "pig", and show us the "Pork Chop". Thanks
+1

I think all Zingers look equally uncollectable so I need a little help getting your point.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Steve,
Are you talking about the graphics that were used in decorating the more recent Zingers?. If so, I would agree with for the most part. Some of those graphics appealed to me, and some didn't.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
heres what he is saying:

Previous Zinger:

Zingers Now:

Paint scheme, earlier ones had basic paint schemes, now they are all, well, ugly paint schemes for the most part. But this started with PM,not RC2

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
If that's his point, I agree. It took a while for the Zingers to catch my eye, even started making my own with castings not yet done. But I much prefer they do them without the graphics.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Job well done in making your point/stating your case, Steve. I can completely understand what you mean after that. Can't really say one is more "disproportionate" than the other, they look like the same exact casting to me, but the graphics are worlds apart. I get it with that gosh awful '62 as well.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I would say it is the paint schemes that make some of the newer ones so awful to look at. The early examples shown look a lot better, not enough to buy one, but still better.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
:wave: here's my 0.02! Don't forget that the SF1 release had both stock paint and "wild" paint schemes. I liked both types from the get-go. :thumbsup:
I agree that some of the "wild" schemes have been hit and miss along the way since SF1. For those that 'miss' there are past threads on how to safely remove the tampos to make it look more 'stock'. However, I appreciate PM/RC2's efforts to make some cool castings that aren't just another round of the same 'ol same 'ol. :cool:
There's a reason the series is called ZINGERS, not MCUSA or Classic Gold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts