Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone thought I would share my mailbox finds from the other day these were bought off of ebay from one of the sellers over in Japan .Dont know how he does it or how they get away with it but sure made my day .I was wondering if I could get some help ? What set is the barracuda from ,I know this color has not been released yet and the seller claimed its a W/L really does not matter if it is or not (white interior ,white stripe tires)all I know is I got another cuda to add to the collection :) . On the bottom of the barracuda theres some #s that I have not seen on any other J/Ls (245 4 DO00 .The blue GTX is a W/L from the TRU 10 car Mopar or no car set also from the same seller (white rims ,white interior) And something really sweet a 10 anny. Lincoln Futura ,this car also has some #s stamped on the bottom 246 4 DO00 . Anyone have a clue what the #s mean
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres the bottoms

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I gotta get me one of those Licolns!

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody have any ideas about the #s on the bottoms of these cars?

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ANYONE have a clue?

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
midtown said:
Love the 'Cuda. What seller did you get these from?
Most likely seller ID dreamtoyspower

I've bought a few items from them, and I most likely will never buy a loose car again. Almost all were of poor quality and they lack detailed descriptions, so buyer beware. Carded items were better but if you collect cardboard, also beware!

·
Registered
808 Posts
dreamtoyspower....I'm not sure what this sellers deal is,I have always balked at his auctions for two reasons
one-it's a long way to Hong Kong if anything's wrong
two-What robmcin said...
if this guy is dumpster diving he does it at more than the JL factory though.
Regardless of authenticity,they are cool if the price wasn't too bad,value is relative.I actually almost bid on those Mopars myself but.....

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
I will add though that my complaints were acknowledged by the seller and refunds were given in a timely manner for any that warranted it. However, even given this good service, it's still not worth the hassle to me.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the seller was dreamtoypower and yes they probaly are stolen or dumpster finds but for the price I cant complain .The cars themselves are in good condition except for the wheels on the barracuda the white stripe around the edge is a little rough but I'm not complaining . Does anyone know What the Cuda is from ? It is a cream color not yellow . Total for the 3 cars $18.08 and $8.50 for shipping for a total of $26.58
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6931298163
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6931300008
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6931298571

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
luckymopar416 said:
Anybody have any ideas about the #s on the bottoms of these cars?
It's part of the RC2 "code" if you will. Racing Champions started this a few years ago with a series of letters and numbers on the bottom of the cars. I still haven't figured out what they stand for. Except maybe the number off the assembly line??? :confused:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I remember reading somewhere about RC / Ertls codes . The 4 digit number is the day & year it was made . 245 = day of year 4 = 2004 . Other letters I dont know what they mean ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts