Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sweet idea...we all know that lots of Eagle parts (and from alien ships) are lying on the moon surface..... lots of them.... So it would be logical (something that's not on top of the list on this series) for the Alphans to do that kind of work... Looking forward to seeing your built....

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Just an idea which is a bit weird-
It there is any way to make the pod half the length of a standard pod. That would be in universe logical as Alpha could have these half pods standardized already and two could stack in a stock eagle's frame for special missions. Having the short eagle holding one of these half pods (perhaps with an adapter on the beak end and some support equipment on the engine end).
Having a short Eagle built up from damaged ones is a cool idea, but this could be a not-seen-onscreen variant for light duty missions using the half pods. The half pods could be really specialized, such as massive sensor unit, which could be useful by itself with a short Eagle but also useful in a two stack with a standard Eagle frame (Sensor Unit half-Pod with a logistics half pod)

just an idea...

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Your eagle goodness is always fun to watch!

Did you do something similar with the old MPC eagle? I seem to remember a similar build like this.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
For what it's worth I like the 1st version with the gear pods. It looks cleaner.
But the 2nd version is probably more "realistic" as a bunch of re-used parts.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Cool, reminds me of the Superswift landing legs somehow....

Ya know, your Eagle was probably built after Maya turned into a freaking monster in ''Space Warp'' and nearly destroy an entire hangar full of Eagles and Tanks...... hehehehe..... Just saw the episode last weekend .... in HD.... Nice built, keep up the good work...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts