Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1116 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E-maxx and T-maxx forum

Suprisingly, there was no forum for the e-maxx on this site. Well, I thought I should start one, so here it is! If you have any questions, comments, or whatever concerning the E-maxx, feel free to post them here!
Edited 9-03
This thread is now for both the e-maxx and the t-maxx. feel free to discuss the t-maxx here.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recently put together an obstacle course in my backyard. Hopefully I'll have pictures to put up here soon. If I had a way to put up a video of my E-maxx going through it, I would.

·
Registered
779 Posts
so let me get this straight: you have to stop giving it the juice in order to switch gears?

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB_The_Evader said:
....Hopefully I'll have pictures to put up here soon...
yes, pics are good. but how do i post them on this without haveing them on a website?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you have to let off the throttle when you shift.
As for the pics, I'll probably just post them as attatchments to multiple posts.

·
Registered
779 Posts
that stinks.. i guess if you didnt then you would be stripping gears left and right. i watched this vidoe of the emaxx climbing this hill on the traxxas website. i thought you were exaggerating on how much torque the emaxx had, but during the movie, it handled the hill like it was flat ground. i was in awe for a while.. lol

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am assuming you were either watching the e-maxx movie that had music or the one called "lighting". If so, those were the videos that influenced me to pick the E-maxx over the t-maxx or the lose xxxnt sport rtr. The only problem I have is that with my rocket packs, the battery tub cuts the wires close to the pack. Well, it only cuts the insulation, so I use electrical tape to fix it up. I'm worried it will short one day. Does anybody know if trinity still makes that battery repacking kit?

·
Registered
779 Posts
actually, it was the "king of the hill" video. however, i am downloading the "lightning" movie while typing this.
as for the battery pack, i dont know what to do. if its just a lip on the battery holder, you could try sanding it down to make it a little smoother. other than that, do a layer of electrical tape then do a layer of duck tape. i would try the sanding one first..

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'll try that. That's the reason I won't buy nice batteries for my e-maxx. They also get way too hot. same with the motors. when traxxas says the internal fans will keep the motors from getting to be over 20 degrees ambient temp, they were wrong. But I don't run many back-to-back runs with my e-maxx (for lack of batteries), so it shouldn't be a problem.
I went to lunch at the restaraunt across the street from the track I used to go to. A guy and his family were there, and they had 3 t-maxxes! One was totally hopped up: better tires, picco .15 enginen, airtronics M8 radio system, a widened suspension, etc.. Another guy was there with an hpi nitro mt. He was driving as well as I would have. He couldn't stay in a straigh line. I want a nitro lol! I'm thinking of saving a little bit of whatever I make throughout the year and getting one (maybe next summer)

·
Registered
779 Posts
JB_The_Evader said:
...They also get way too hot. same with the motors. when traxxas says the internal fans will keep the motors from getting to be over 20 degrees ambient temp, they were wrong...
fans.. fans.. fans... try going to radio shack and pick up some small 12v (or less) CPU fans. take the leads to the fan, and solder it to one of the motor leads. you can try mounting the fan right in front of the motors (if theres room. i dont know). just a little airflow through might be enough to keep it cooler. another thing you could try (risking your emaxx body, though) is drilling holes on the top of the cab and mount a fan to the top (but still inside) so it blows air down. again, either might or not make your stuff run cooler, so no promises.
oh, and forget the nitro stuff, just get hopups for the emaxx and it will seem the same, but less mess.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for the nitro, I like the runtime and of course the sound and all. I can only run the e-maxx for 10-15 minutes and then it takes 50 minutes to an hour to charge both, whereas with the nitro, I can run 10 or so minutes, pop the top of the tank open, fill it up, and go.
I plan to have pictures by tuesday or thursday.

·
Registered
779 Posts
ya, well, when your dad wont let you get a nitro, you go for the next best thing..

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol... My dad has already said that he doesn't want the noise of one. He said I could get one, I just couldn't run in the backy yard or too close to him. At least when he's home. But then again, it may not be too loud. It didn't seem too loud when they were running two t-maxxes at the track today. But then again, I wouldn't get a nitro for a while, so he may feel differently.
Of course, I hear 4 stroke engines are quieter than 2 strokes. I could just ask him to buy me a 4 stroke and all the needed mounting accessories if it bothers him that much lol....

·
Registered
779 Posts
i thought you said the track nearby was turned into a golf corse; or was that another one?
lol, i know what you mean. im trying to sell my EVST to my dad, but for the amount of money im asking for, he said he would rather buy a new one.. oh well...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have/had 3 tracks near me. One of them (mile square park) was turned into a golf course several years ago. The other one, the one I went to the other day, is just in a vacant field and not really run by any one. The other is www.socalrc.com . I'm going there tomorrow, but that's not too close to my house.

·
Registered
779 Posts
lucky! hopefully the city approves the track being built in manteca. then they will be the closest town with a track AND a hobby shop. my friend at school, who runs a traxxas nitro sport (i think, didnt really get a straight answer) said that their is a hobby shop in stockton, but it has high prices. i say, if its within an 20min raidus, its worth it...
so are you going to run your maxx or the evader there?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll be running my evader there. I've run my e-maxx there, and let me say it wasn't that great of a racer. It would have been better had my tires hooked up better. But I didn't buy the e-maxx for its racing abilities; I bought it 'cause its a big tired, big everything truck! My first upgrade will be alumium shocks, once I get the money from my aunt. Then, it will probably be skidplates. Then a diff spool, maybe. Or some more aluminum parts.
I think I need some more bricks for my obstacle course. My E-maxx goes right over it! I think my neighbor has some more.

·
Registered
779 Posts
i (hopefully) have an attachment of the track im working on. note: i have a small space to work with and im still working on the design..

or not....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took my e-maxx to a park tonight. That was so much fun! It was great going down stairs, up and down a slide... The E-maxx thought it was a little kid!

·
Registered
779 Posts
quit it! your making me want the emaxx even more! dang, i need money!! lots and lots of money!!

1 - 20 of 1116 Posts