Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, could not find a thread that listed the differences between the first contact E-E and the Nemesis E.

I understand that the Nemesis E is a bit darker in color and has the added photon launchers, and I believe higher pylons?

Is their a compiled list someone has that I may research?

·
Registered
982 Posts
I believe there are also phaser banks added to the pylons.

Personally, I like the addition of the weapons in Nemesis, but I think the new darker contrasty paint scheme is ugly. I loved the First Contact paint scheme the most. It held more true to the Trek look, the Enterprise in Nemesis didn't feel as much "Trek" to me.

But we all have different opinions I suppose.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any side by side comparisons for the color changes?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Raist3001 said:
Are there any side by side comparisons for the color changes?
Well, for the most part, RELs build up of his Sovereign looks like the one from Nemesis. The paint patterns, and hull patterns are the same, Nemesis is just MUCH more contrasty with it's lights and darks. So, look at RELs for a Nemesis look alike.

The First Contact version can be seen here by viewing the studio model pictures...

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/sovereign1.htm

I am about to do a build up of the Enterprise-E myself, and I am going with the First Contact verison.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pixel. I happen to prefer the darker tones of the Nemesis version. As does my client. So those are the colors I will be going with, and REL's build is perfect for comparrison :)

I was hoping to accumulate some of the other differences such as added photon launchers, and phaser strips.

·
Registered
360 Posts
PixelMagic said:
Well, for the most part, RELs build up of his Sovereign looks like the one from Nemesis. The paint patterns, and hull patterns are the same, Nemesis is just MUCH more contrasty with it's lights and darks. So, look at RELs for a Nemesis look alike.

The First Contact version can be seen here by viewing the studio model pictures...

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/sovereign1.htm

I am about to do a build up of the Enterprise-E myself, and I am going with the First Contact verison.
I too like the STFC version.
I can verify that Rel's(Rich) is the Nemesis Version.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lloyd..that helped very much :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Differences I've noticed (at least to me):

The panels just below the impulse engines were more acute to the horizontal centerline in the FC version and more vertical in NEM.

The pylons appear wider at their base in the NEM version and the engine bases of the pylons are also wider.

There's a scribed line on the engine base of the pylons in FC that’s not there in NEM.

The pylons appear "attached" the engineering section in the NEM version and are more fluent in the FC version particular in the rear.

The NEM version has added phaser strips to the inboard and outboard sides of the pylons.

The decal "ENTERPRISE" under the fantail is a different font and is outlined in red in the FC version.

The NEM version has more defined portholes above the shuttle bay behind the bridge.

These are just observations from comparing photos. If I can find the picture of the FC version from the rear, I'll post it.

The 1st pic is FC and the last 2 are NEM.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Well actually the difference between the two versions is everything since one is a physical model and the other is CG.

But the differences between the Nem and FC are

4 extra phaser strips, located on the pylons
5 extra photon launchers
pylons/nacelles higher and more forward, making the ship 20 meters shorter than the FC ship
different saucer, pylons, nacelle, secondary hull shape
different capt's yacht shape
new flared area around the main shuttlebay
different deflector trench shape
different window configuration
hull plating added, hull plating removed, changed around, more ablative armor
More pronounced and complicated aztec pattern

Basically the Nemesis Ent E is the Ent E refit, about twice the battleship of the FC version

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate all of that information. Question now is, how does one see the differences side by side?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Raist3001 said:
Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate all of that information. Question now is, how does one see the differences side by side?
I doubt there is anywhere you can really see the differences side by side. You'll just have to look at the movies, and make judgements based off those.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you hell_fighter, that was very kind of you :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
(scratches head)
ok so I found out that my wife got me the Art Asylum Enterprise-E for our anniversary. (She thought it was a model kit, but I'm still happy with it)
my question (since I won't recieve it til April 21) is, "Which version is the Art Asylum E-E? Nemesis or before?

·
Registered
982 Posts
d_jedi1 said:
(scratches head)
ok so I found out that my wife got me the Art Asylum Enterprise-E for our anniversary. (She thought it was a model kit, but I'm still happy with it)
my question (since I won't recieve it til April 21) is, "Which version is the Art Asylum E-E? Nemesis or before?
It's Nemesis.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Pidg said:
I have one. It's the first contact version, or as much as can be expected in a toy. Not at all bad though.
Opps. Well the paint job is contrasty like the Nemesis version then. Sorry for my misinformation earlier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts