Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently bought a dx3s dsm1 model from losi parts house wheen it arived (wendsday) I took it out of the box powered it up only to find that the screen was all garbled and unreadable. The radio was in this condition out of the box i did not drop it and there were no major signs of damage to the shipping container. i had just gotten off work at 9 eastern time lph closes at 5 pacific so i have to wait till i get out of amt school the next day (yesterday) so when i get out i give the guy a call and this lady answers the phone and somewhat politely tells me i need to send it in to horizon for servicing. (keep in mind i just payed 240 dollars for this radio) im a college student so im on a tight budget and this woman wants me to spend more money to send a brand new radio into horizon? where i might not see it for months? i dont think so.... so i call back and ask for the manager a man named steve. after argueing with him for a while i tell him goodbye. (i was not profane and i made no threats) he called me back telling me "I reviewed our return policy on radios and im sorry but i was wrong i will take them back and refund your shipping and send you out a new radio" This is quite contrary to what his website says. so I am verry confused and I dont know what to do. right now i have a brand new broken dx3s sitting in my kitchen all boxed up. and im basicly being told "sux" by this guy who altho if he holds his word im getting a new radio, im a bit wearry about. Tell me what you think guys?

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
i would call horizon, and tell them the problem you are having, they are pretty good people, i had a bad sr3000 receiver out of the box and they sent me a new one, not even wanting me to send the messed up one back to them, they may work with you as long as you have receipt.

·
Registered
463 Posts
take the offer from LPS, get the new radio should be all right. ur right about sending it to horizon an not getting it back soon...I have had to send in receivers on several occasions and always takes couple months....last time I send in 1 rec and the module for repair.(module had broken wire due to me trying to install it permently in my M8....after 3weeks i called an they hadn't even looked to see what was wrong)after 6 weeks they decided to replace both mmodule and rec. at no cost out the goodness of their customer service...PS never send anything to anyone with out DELIVERY CONFIRMATION...I found this out the hard way from airtronics....lost 2 94359 servos's sent in for service, they claim they never received them....good luck.... bring ur A game Sun. Mike(inferno)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had a couple of problems with their radio's and have never had a problem with their service. I don't know what your problem is, but return it USPS signed delivery, send a letter of the problem with the radio, keep a name of who you are sending it to and keep all of these records. They are good to deal with. You shouldn't have any problems. If you don't trust them, then why did you buy the radio?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea what he says is that if i send it in when it arrives at his store he will refund my shipping and as soon as he receives my radio he will send me a new one. Which like i said is compleately contrary to what his website says. So Im a bit wearry to do it but at the same time i just want what i payed for. I feel so cheated right now. I just payed basicly half 2/3 what i make in a hard weeks work (i worked overtime and holidays to get this radio) and when it arrives its broken and they want me to send it in again? i almost want to go to my bank and try to dispute the charge and bring in the broken radio. next time i think im going to buy all of my electronics from a local hobby shop and not online this is such a joke.

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
signman 501 its not that I dont trust them. I used to race 2wd offroad buggy. I did it for about 3 years at crcrc. I had a losi xxx and a losi xxx-cr I trusted lph for all my replacement parts. but this is the first time that I have ever had this sort of problem with them. I guess because I work in retail im used to the fact that people come back all the time with items that dont work. It is so common that we actualy have a bin where once the item is returned it is sent back to the mfr. they are expecting it. Imo. if a product arrives doa then a new replacement product should be supplied free of charge. I know there are people that will take advantage of this but it is unfair to ask the consumer who just bought a radio to spend even more money because the product is dead. now Im not blaming lph for this. because the way that the screen functions is it almost looks like the pixels dont lign up because when i boot up the radio I can clearly reed an s, p, e, c, t, r,u,m and I can see bits and peices of the logo but the letters are scattered all throughout the screen. an s might be in the upper left corner. and a p might be in the middle of the screen but the spectrum logo is scattered also. and also the operation of the screen is hit or miss. To me this sounds like either something is installed incorrectly or there is a software problem. it doesent sound to me like it was damaged in shipping. But I would like if I could get a better answer from horizon other than "fill out of forum" ship it to us and the waiting period is about 7 days right now. and god knows what kind of fees they are going to charge me because it will probably be "my fault" im going to make a youtube video of it tonight so that I can show everyone what was happening. But im just verry upset right now and it seems like neither lph or horizon wants to help me. and yes I do thank steve for offering to take back the radio and get me a new one. I just wish that it wasnt such a hastle.

THANKS
Sean Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts