Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I like futaba too. Spektrum radios just feel clunky and cheap, which is not what you want in a radio that costs several hundred dollars. The one good thing about spektrum though, is that they will pretty much replace anything if you damage it. I'd go with the
4pk and a spektrum module.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you don't want to spend a ton of money, check out the M-11. You can buy the original ones for $250 brand new now. Or look for a used 3pk. I have one and love it, and it's a TON cheaper than a new 4pk.

·
Registered
217 Posts
steel sledge ,i have a 4pk and u can't change the module and put spectrum in it .. u run futaba fasst system . If u already have spektrum receicers then stay with a dx3r or get yourself a jr ,,( i think its called a z1 ) i think this radio u could use the spektrum module. The problem with the 3pk is its discontinued bec of the 4pk . I love my 4pk i had it for two years now and i had no problem's with it , the only problem is the receivers are more then the spektrum ones

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know that its not one that you listed but i love my ko propo euros. it has more functions than the dx3 and just as much as the 4pk but cheaper. also i've heard that the futaba receivers often times overheat for some weird reason. some drivers have to cut holes in the receiver box to prevent the overheat issues. best option go with 4pk with spektrum module and receiver.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I know that its not one that you listed but i love my ko propo euros. it has more functions than the dx3 and just as much as the 4pk but cheaper. also i've heard that the futaba receivers often times overheat for some weird reason. some drivers have to cut holes in the receiver box to prevent the overheat issues. best option go with 4pk with spektrum module and receiver.
u cant use a spektrum module on a 4pk.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I just switched from an M11 with Spektrum to the 4PKS last week and I personally LOVE the 4PKS. The connection between the tx and rx seems to be a lot more direct, as as soon as you turn the rx on, it is responding to the tx. With Spektrum it always took a little bit to get them to talk to each other.

The 4PKS feels very comfortable in the hand and it has so many features that it almost feels like you are cheating by using the functions. These functions include ABS (with an option that ABS kicks in depending on the amount of steering) and traction control! And for those that race nitro, it's got a nitro refuel timer, 4WD steering options for rock climbers as well as a boat setting.

Yes, the 4PKS is expensive, but the quality and all the features make it worth it. It will last you the rest of your racing career!

One last note: The latest 4PKS ships with the new R614FF rx, which is almost half the size of a Spektrum receiver!

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
M-11 or M-11x

·
Registered
1 Posts
The DX3R is a good radio, It is a little limited in some features, but that makes it very user friendly. The 4pk & 4pks will do just about anything you may need. The 4pks Rx is Lipo ready finally. If your racing the timers in the DX3R are a little lacking if you use them. If your crawling the 4PKS has some cool new 4ws features.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts