Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this from a friend in Germany a long time ago. He got it at a hobby shop he frequented. I haven't any more info on it besides what the shop-keep told him and he related back to me. Hopefully some of you may know more.
Back in the day, a dad bought his son a race set. One of the cars' bodies was defective(?) so they went back to the shop for replacement. The owner didn't have the same car in stock so he gave them another and would order the original. An order was placed for several cars and this car came in that order. It caught the owner's eye so he put it aside with the replacement to give as a gift since he didn't have the original the first time around. They never came back and it sat in the drawer of a desk.
Times changed and with the coming of multi-shop department stores the hobby shop went out of business. It wasn't until the owner was cleaning out the shop and removing the desk that my friend happened by. He offered to help with the desk and they started removing the drawers. Once out, some papers were found on the bottom tray so he looked further and in the back was a channel the car had fallen into. It was retrieved, and then it all came back to the shop owner.
The car was given to my mate and he gave it to me. It was sealed but the box has a crack in it (probably from the fall), the tape lost its sticky and the foam deteriorated. I've taken it out of the box only a couple of times. The shop-keep said he got the cars from a distributor and didn't have any more info.
I know it's an Aurora Candy Ford GT, but the curious part is the label--it says "Made in Holland". Can anyone shed any light on this? Any info or history?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Check the chassis to see if it has a 'Made in Hong Kong ' sticker on it. Chassis from those sealed cases had them. Maybe just the insert was made in Holland.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the chassis and no marks,stamps or stickers....:confused:
Anybody else got any ideas (how about it SCJ)??
Thanks...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
All I can figure is the label/packaging is what's made in Holland since it's a standard issue car. The US packaging has the price next to the model number in US dollars, which wouldn't make sense for retail shops in Europe. The camera angle and gearplate is what's making it look like it has an interior, which it doesn't.

Here's a pic with the US label: http://www.punkjob.com/TjetCollection/large/a395box.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts