Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a bit of that obsessive dusting myself today. It always goes slow when you stop to admire a favorite piece here and there, doesn't it? I got caught up today in cranking up and down the windows with those tiny plastic cranks. No, I'm not joking. But it's not a JL, unfortunately. It's a 1:18 scale 1958 Studebaker Golden Hawk. This was put out by Yatming's Road Signature collection. Probably one of the most substantial cars ever put out by them. Aside from the working window cranks, it has a little antenna that extends, and opening gas port, and the engine ain't half bad either. Very nice overall detailng, heavy little sucker too. I only have a few 1:18's, and I try not to go gungho on praising other cars on the JL site (as I know some folks didn't like that sort of thing in the past), and this is not a new release, but I thought this was worth mentioning here today, just for the few pleasant moments that it made me feel like a kid again.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RobDog said:
this one?

That's the car, except mine is gold. Also the road signature collection didn't come with a base for display. Maybe they thought it was too much to add. The interior of the box is felt lined and came with a gold coin. There's felt carpeting on the floor of the car interior as well. Wish I could show some pics, but I don't have a camera. It's a very slick piece of work though, in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I have one of those but it's buried at the moment. All of my 1:18 scale stuff is packed away. That is a very nice piece however, and actually, I bought two of them because hen I found them they were in a clearance section marked down to about $15.00 each. I gave the second one to my dad. He was a happy man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts