Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time for my annual (or tri-annual, or... whenever) dusting of the Trek models. I laid them out on my drawing board for pics while I was at it:

The 1/537 kitbashes and conversions:

The 1/1000 original kitbashes:

The 1/1400 original kitbashes:

1/1000 "other" which includes kitbashes, full resin kits, or conversions of other peoples' designs

More 1/1400 resins, plus an AGT conversion

Krafty Kamoflaged Klingons Kleaned:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
659 Posts
Wow...............which is worth repeating Wow. Those are all very well done and COOL. I love those star bases. Excellent work. Thanks for sharing those photographs John.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Always a pleasure to see your collection John.

You approach to kitbashing is logical and pleasing to the eye - are your mixed media kits holding up okay? Some of them must be quite old now.

H

·
Oxidation Genius
31,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something falls off every now and then, and I just glue it back on.
Yeah, I think the Grand Alliance and the Venture, my first two kitbashes, are over 30 years old now! I recently found a photo of our living room in our previous house, with our sheepdog and my Amiga computer in shot. That dates it to no later than 1992, when we moved. The Alliance is there standing on the TV.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
An Amiga? I've always known you were a man of good taste, John! Had one myself. Absolutely loved that computer.

I want to echo Harrison's comment that your kitbashes always seemed more logical than many others I have seen. And definitely aesthetically pleasing.Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Opus is a telephone! :D
Mort was our only sheepdog. My wife wants variety, one pet at a time. Mort passed in 2000, and we got a Samoyed. She left us in 2014, and we're now looking for a corgi (the dogs have to get smaller as we get older and less able to pick them up!)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An Amiga? I've always known you were a man of good taste, John! Had one myself. Absolutely loved that computer.

I want to echo Harrison's comment that your kitbashes always seemed more logical than many others I have seen. And definitely aesthetically pleasing.Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Thanks! I wish the wiseguys on facebook thought so. People keep finding and posting pics of my ships, and half the time I get comments like "Just....no." and "USS Ugly F*kr!" 🤬

1 - 15 of 15 Posts