Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recovery of my pinched nerve continues. As a test of my ability to sit in a chair I started this simple device. It's a flashlight that I found sitting around in a closet (and if you don't care for flashlights just pretend it's a lightsabre)...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course it's not just any flashlight. It's a Four Mad Men ultra deluxe flashlight. I'm attempting to reconcile the interior and exterior while keeping true to the original design elements.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
You can't do that and keep it totally "canon". I would do a separate interior and exterior version. I think the movie version is 1/64' longer than the TV version, too. Don't forget to go to the Smithsonion "Flashlights Through Time" exhibit and get plenty of pictures. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
beeblebrox said:
Don't forget to go to the Smithsonion "Flashlights Through Time" exhibit and get plenty of pictures. :thumbsup:
Especially the "restored" ones with the heavy, black grid lines. :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beeblebrox said:
You can't do that and keep it totally "canon". I would do a separate interior and exterior version. I think the movie version is 1/64' longer than the TV version, too. Don't forget to go to the Smithsonion "Flashlights Through Time" exhibit and get plenty of pictures. :thumbsup:
Trek Ace said:
Especially the "restored" ones with the heavy, black grid lines. :D
Now those are funny! :lol:

I will of course try to locate the original sensor dish, but I will be covering the exposed wiring.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed a few minutes to get a good start on the cap. Took longer than you see here because it's threaded and flanged. Still need to cut the grooves...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
hmmmmmm

the light goes on....an idea grows.....:) the fleet needs this design.A perfect starting point for a supply ship project.

improvise,adapt and overcome .we are the fellowship of modelers.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lloyd Collins said:
I don't know, I think that it might just be a lightsabre. If it was an Energizer(R) then Darth Vader would definitely want it. :lol:
The more I look at the barrel detail, the more I'm leaning towards makeing a lightsabre version. That way I can get some use of of the lightsabre blade plugin... hmm...

artic316 said:
the light goes on....an idea grows.....:) the fleet needs this design.A perfect starting point for a supply ship project.

improvise,adapt and overcome .we are the fellowship of modelers.
Now that's something I'd like to see!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And finally for today, I finished the rear end cap and the forward (and only) deflector. Err... I mean REflector...

I think perhaps the reflector is too reflective

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Bulb or LED. It is important.

Wait I see it The Doomsday Machine Mark 4MADMEN. The most dangerous weapon of mass destruction that New Voyages could not afford to buy. :D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I think your batteries are in backwards. This is not a critisism of your work. It's more of a euphemism like "Your butter has slipped off your noodles" or "You've got SAE sockets in a metric nut world". :freak:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts