Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have been racing many classes but none with stagger.But Im trying to figure out how to get roll out when running staggered tires? If I run 2.12 on the left and 2.10 on the right side do I just average them or jest go with one side and not worry about it?? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yes, average them. When rolling forward, your diff is turning a little. To your motor, it is a 2.11 tire size.
+1

I personally try not to run any stagger in my setup if I don't have too.
Its faster.
Every little bit counts...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have done the fronts 2.10 LF 2.09 RF. Never the rears. A .02 split seems alot. But I am going to try that on the carpet. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Baddog, a couple years back, Monti gave a clinic at MINNREG, very informative. He stated that he cut his foams to:

LR 2.10
RR 2.08
LF 2.08
RF 2.06

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Baddog, a couple years back, Monti gave a clinic at MINNREG, very informative. He stated that he cut his foams to:

LR 2.10
RR 2.08
LF 2.08
RF 2.06
I was there but thrashing on my car I heard that but could not bring myself to do such a drastic change. But since I sucked so bad at the birds last year I figure I got nothing to lose!!!

Traski

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

LR 2.10
RR 2.08
LF 2.08
RF 2.06
Is that right? Left side taller than right side. Its more like reverse stagger.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Is that right? Left side taller than right side. Its more like reverse stagger.
Interesting... In the local Bomber class on our 1/4 mile paved oval, we run GM metric cars (Monte, Cutlass, ect) with open rearends. Some guys really like the reverse stagger on that too. It's just another adjustment option for a stock car.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I agree with the street stock comment. We helped a team out by putting a big lf tire on it helped take crossweight out since they dont have weight jacks in street stock.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

LR 2.10
RR 2.08
LF 2.08
RF 2.06
He's right!

I do the same idea but with using spacers and cut tires the same size.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
He's right!

I do the same idea but with using spacers and cut tires the same size.:thumbsup:
It's not the same. Even though you think it's doing the same, it's not.. Do you take off your tires and re true them every run to be the same size?

There's a reason 80% of the fast carpet guys are running stagger on thier cars/set ups :thumbsup:

I used to run no stagger myself, until I tired a set of tires from monti at minnreg. It was like driving a diffrent car!!! I still run split shim's upfront for ride height though too.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
It's not the same. Even though you think it's doing the same, it's not.. Do you take off your tires and re true them every run to be the same size?

There's a reason 80% of the fast carpet guys are running stagger on thier cars/set ups :thumbsup:

I used to run no stagger myself, until I tired a set of tires from monti at minnreg. It was like driving a diffrent car!!! I still run split shim's upfront for ride height though too.
Really. I will have to try it on my car.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts