Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this isn't obvious to me guys, but I just bought two new body posts. They are incredibly tall, and obviously, I need to cut them down for my pan car. My confusion lies in the fact that, at the top of this tall post, is the drilled hole to fit the clip through, and the threaded part. So, if I trim them down to size, I lose that hole and the threaded part of the post??? Also, theres a plastic piece that threads onto the top of the post???? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
what I have done is after I got the post to the right size I would drill a hole in the top and use a scwer the body on with the top hole

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done that too, but I was just curious as to what the point is of the threaded top part was then, and then the two clips they come with???

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Sounds like you have something like the old BoLINK Black Threaded BOLT type posts maybe?

If so, they were available in many lengths (They are just NYLON 1/4 x 20 bolts w/ nuts)

Many of the Body Mounts have no threads, but use a collar w/ a set screw for their height stopper. On those, just cut to length that you need, and drill a hole for the body clip where needed.

Other THREADED types have a piece that screws down on the top to adjust the height of where the clip goes, and that piece also has a set screw to lock it into place.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
The old BoLink mounts came in a whole bunch of lengths - but my biggest problem with them was they were very brittle. (The broke easy on impact)

Kimbrough, and a couple other companies made TOPS for them, that screwed down for adjustability, but if you cut them down you loose that.

Cut them to length, and drill 2 sets of holes.

the bottom hole, put a body clip in to use as your base height, and the top hole far enough away to secure the body. (If done this and use a body washer on top of the bottom body clip)

There are some MUCH better mounts available

Cheap ones from Duratrax that come in different lengths
HPI has some with LOTS of holes you cut to length and more...

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
a 440 tap and a set of drill bits are great tools to have in this hobby,,

if your looking for post for a pan car and use clip at a cheap price you about cant beat the associated 10R5o kit post you get all post , clips , and body support disc in the pack for about four buck.

BIGDON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts