Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to see all the cars from the Dukes oF Hazard set and I have to say they all look rather cheap, especially the two versions of the General and Daisy's Road Runner. I guess the worst part of them were the wheels they looked so cheap. Well anyway thats just my gripe so I passed on buying any on them. Anyone else think this set is flawed by looking cheap? I mean it prolly doesn't matter their going to fly off the shelves regardless do to the recent popularity to the Dukes and the old diehard fans.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I believe another HT member pointed out that Daisy's Jeep has Hummer wheels on it - looked at the pic and, sure enough, looks like H2 rims. :rolleyes: I will say, though, you should grab the Police Cruiser as it makes for a great trader or you can sell it for decent money (if you sell stuff). I picked one up at WM and sold it at a show for 10 bucks. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
you should grab the Police Cruiser..... you can sell it for decent money...... I picked one up at WM and sold it at a show for 10 bucks. Just a thought...
Promoting scalping now are we? :p

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I actually agree with that statement. I commented several months ago that I was dissappointed with the axle sticking out of the rim. I chose to keep the General Lee from the last HOW series on display over the newer release.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Puppycat, I'm glad you pointed that out about the axel, I was going to return the one I pu Sat from TRU but I guess there all like that? I did manage to score the Dirty General along with the reg though!!! BTW do you have this Brad?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I like the Charger, so I couldn't pass on this one at WalMart:

[IMG-LEFT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/Kronoprime/Hot%20Wheels%20II/camaro034.jpg[/IMG-LEFT]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stashed aside the dirty General Lee, clean one, Daisy's jeep, and the police cruiser. I was in grade school when that show was on and don't have any of the previous DofH releases in my collection. I may just get the dirty General Lee and call it a day. I dunno.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had a thought the other day, why not tool up a Wheelstander General Lee?
For those of you with the blank looks on youre faces, the wheelstander was a mid-engined General designed to do wheelstands (wheelies!).
The car was supposed to send the Dukes roaring off into the sunset in the series final episode, before the producers changed their mind, the car still exists today, but I cant find any pics on the net, Anyone?
I think JL would only have to tool a new base with a mid-engine config.
Use wheels from a funny car casting, no reason it shouldnt sell as well or better than the curent General casting, Johnny would get their money back on it. :thumbsup:

LMK what you all think. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Wasnt there also a four wheel drive version? The episode where Daisy lost her car? That was a long time ago for me.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Did anyone see the episode of "SMALLVILLE" where John Schneider's state senator friend stopped for a visit in a Dodge Charger. It was like a "Bo & Luke Duke" reunion. They were racing up and down the highway doing burnouts in the Charger.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
GO-GTO said:
Did anyone see the episode of "SMALLVILLE" where John Schneider's state senator friend stopped for a visit in a Dodge Charger. It was like a "Bo & Luke Duke" reunion. They were racing up and down the highway doing burnouts in the Charger.
i saw that one. there were pics of it posted somewhere on the net too. i believe tom wopat was driving a blue charger.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
i saw that one. there were pics of it posted somewhere on the net too. i believe tom wopat was driving a blue charger.
Seems like I remember it being a dark blue color.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, they even did camera shoots with the camera mounted under the car like they used to film it for the DofH series. It was great seeing the Duke boys together again. That was a great episode for Smallville and there haven't been too many good ones after the second season.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts