Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I saw the sample cars at Collectiblediecast. They look nice. I was hoping they would be in today when I was there but alas no luck.
I did pick up the Big Time Muscle wave 10 though. I was not sure about the El Camino in the picture but it looks much nicer in person. The beauty of the set in my opinion though were the 69 Camaros. Extra kudos for Jada making one with/without the headlight doors. They remind me of Roy's. I can't remember if his are the same colors.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg, they got there about 3:30 - 4pm. I was just leaving when the Jada truck showed up. What time were you there? Yes, the W10 BTM Camaros are based on Roy's. Jae

·
7,829 Posts
nobueno said:
Greg, they got there about 3:30 - 4pm. I was just leaving when the Jada truck showed up. What time were you there? Yes, the W10 BTM Camaros are based on Roy's. Jae
I was there about 1:00. Eli did say they would probably be in later. I'll get them next week. Their store is only a 10 minute delay on my way home from work. Works out nice. Faster than shopping at Wmart.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Jae...thanks for pointing that out! I was much honored that Jada Toys made replicas of my personal Camaros! :jive The details that the Jada Toys Design Team captured to accurately replicate my cars was astonishing. The graphics are dead on in respect of capturing the 1969 SS ‘standard’ Camaro with Hockey Stripes and the 1969 Rally Sport (RS) Camaro with Z-28 Stripes.

For those car buffs that are not familiar with the differences from a 1969 ‘standard’ and an RS Camaros here are a few points. Back in 1969 there was a Rally Sport (‘RS’) option available that include ‘hide away lights’ and a pair of separate rear reverse lights located below the rear bumper. The more common standard 1969 Camaro had fixed headlights / grill assembly and the reverse lights were incorporated within the taillight assembly. In order to correctly capture these features…Jada Toys was required to mold two new front grill inserts for their 1969 1/64 Camaro casting.

The 1969 Camaros that were equipped with a ‘big block’ motor also featured a ‘blacked out tail pan’. Although my red Camaro came with a small block V8…I painted my tail pan black when I restored her.

Also the standard hood for a 1969 Camaro with the Super Sport (SS) option had ‘smoke stacks’…a pair of chrome non-functional appearance pieces. These are accurately captured by Jada Toys on the red Camaro.

There were also several stripe options available on the 1969 Camaros. The two most popular are the very common Z-28 stripes on the white car or the “Hockey Stripes” which are on the red car. :pals

·
7,829 Posts
When I first saw the Jada Camaros I thought I had seen pictures of yours that looked the same. Thanks for the history lesson Roy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Detroits finest!

Yet another reminder that I'm in the wrong business, poor, pathetic and not very good looking. Oh, and that my Chevy is still in pieces. :cry:

BTW Roy, I'm diggin' the vanity plates!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts