Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone has to agree when they first saw the Ramcharger from the Drag Strip Demon series, that they were disappointed. The body was to tall and it had slicks on the front. I did a major search to see if there was such a version of the real Ramchargers. Maybe an AWD vesion and came up with nothing, so off the correcting this problem I went. First and grinded the body down getting rid of how tall it was. Then I used an Action chassis modifying it to work with the DSD body. At this point it is still a wip, but I'm sure you'll agree it is a huge improvement and it should of been produced this way. Anyways, hope you like and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
HECK YES!!!!! That is looking wonderful, please keep the pics comming as it finishes up.

All I did to mine was a wheel swap, but the tall body lines were still far to bulky. Your idea is a great way to make the lines sleek and flowing. This is all you get with a simple wheel swap...

As you can see, it really does not address the bigger issue of an ugly casting. The other DSD F/C castings have been newer or far better designed then this one, but looks like your well on your way to fixing that little problem.

Keep us posted!

Ward

·
Registered
178 Posts
your right the original drag strip demond look awd version !!!
great jobs more realistic very sharp like the real ones at englistown dragway in new jersey back in 1971 ..............:wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts