Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got done painting my MF2 body candy blue with a metalic silver back. After I painted it I saw some of the marks that were left on the outside of the body from a dry erase marker that I used previously. Dry Erase means that it is easy to take off. I got the top layer off but it left a kind of stain on the body. I have been sitting here for the last HOUR trying to get it off with every cleaner I have in the house; windex, googone, rubbing alcohol, awsome, industrial cleaner,........ But nnooooooooooooooooo........ its still there! :mad: :mad:

Any Help?

-Dustin :confused:

H

·
0 Posts
When marking the areas of body with a permanent marker, even dry erase or to remove paint overspray mix 3 parts rubbing alcohol to 1 part fingernail polish remove that contains 15% acetone. It will also remove some scuff marks on body (wall contact, tire marks).

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I always use Charcoal Lighter fluid. Just sprinkle some on a paper towel and rub. Always takes off the Sharpie and tire/wall scuffs.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I use Mothers car wax to take off permanent marker. Seems to work perfectly. Give it or any wax a try.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I will go with what DC71. I spent the time to mask the windows frames off to paint them a differant color and then used a permanet marker to do rivets. I used Rainx to give my body a good gloss. Guess what.... it took off the "rivets"! LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts