Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DREMEL MOUNTING PLATES for Hobbyists, Craftsmen & or Invertors of interesting devises

Hi,
Last week I was searching the net for a ready made solid plate that would fit my Dremel 4000. I needed to mount my Dremel to a 9" Southbend lathe. I stumbled across someone, that I think was on this site (sorry I lost the posting location) and I did hit many sites in my search that evening. Anyway they mentioned cutting a hole in a thin piece of Aluminum stock, re-moving the nut from the front of the Dremel and mounting the Dremel through the hole and then reattaching the plastic nut to tighten the plate to the Dremel. I modified their idea a tad... since I believed a thin piece of stock would not be rigid enough. So I used thicker stock than he recommended and added a counter bore, so the Dremel will sit deep into the plate, as if it were bolted to a 1/16 thick plate. Thus allowing the nut to screw onto the Dremel’s threads fully and properly.

Anyway, I made some varied versions of these mounting plates and didn’t know if anyone else may have a use for them. I recently posted them on Ebay. (BTW My first Ebay listings :)

Thanks for the tip guys, my mind was in mental lock down, so that advise was a great help.

Derek

PS I made (so far) 4 versions of this Dremel Mounting Plate. They can be seen on Ebay right now. Just do a search for Dremel Mounting Plate and they'll pop up. There's a threaded version and a center mounted version too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Great idea! But...what does it do? :confused: I'm sure it's obvious, but, I'm not catching. :(

A little more info for the obvious deficient...

hal9001-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts