Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird one last night: I was going to HiWay Hobby to pick up a Moebius Seaview model, and there was a new line of Universal monster kits out: life sized monster models. They were in 8-foot-tall by four-foot-wide boxes with Bama-style art. The store had ordered a dozen each, and the boxes were standing up all over the place. They'd opened a Dracula so we could see inside, and it turned out to be made in giant sheets of black vacuform plastic.

Clearly marked on each box with a typical store price tag was "$25,000.00"
:eek: :freak:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
A few extra mushrooms on the ol' pizza last night John? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
How many times do I have to tell you....
DON'T Drink the BONG WATER...:drunk:....
(sooooo.....how many did you buy?)
Mcdee:p

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm glad someone else has dreams about hobby shops, lol.

I tend to have dreams where I'm in a hobby shop that has all the models I used to have or wish I had bought but never did. But when I go to actually buy them, I can't find them on the shelves, or the shop is closing, etc.

-Neil

·
Registered
664 Posts
I used to believe ( I assume from a dream) that there was a life size Frankenstein Monster kit that you had to buy one body part at a time. I also used to have the "big find" dreams about my local hardware store till Polar Lights came out with the Bride and most of the monsters, good dreams.
Rob

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I used to believe ( I assume from a dream) that there was a life size Frankenstein Monster kit that you had to buy one body part at a time. Rob
I believe there was. It was available in the 17 or 1800s.
It was produced by Burke & Hare Enterprises.....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
i once had a dream of finding a local hobby shop with japanese resin kits every conceivable dinosaur species. very strange dream, especially since im not a dino kit builder. ive had other dreams about finding previously unknown local hobby shops. i wonder what this says about the importance of such places to my life.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I've had lots of dreams about the hobbyshops I used to frequent in the '70s. Floor to ceiling, walls full of kits.
Chemists, newsagents, tobacconists, the lot!
As stupid as this is gonna sound, I've often wondered if hypnosis could drag past memories back to the present and keep 'em there?
Then again maybe it's best the memories stay vague- then it wouldn't be torture trying to find all the kits that get remembered......

Chris.:)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
auroranut, that only would work if you wanted your "memory" to be wildly distorted and exaggerated. as to preserving real memory, hypnosis is pretty useless.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
After my rock band days, my memory's already wildly distorted....:drunk:

Chris.:p

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
We were in a flood in 1972, and we threw out the contents of the second floor into a ditch between houses that the water pressure created. Years later I dreamed that I dug up that ditch, and uncovered MIB Aurora kits - I specifically remember finding the old Aurora B9 Robot, which was funny because I never had that kit as a child.
And durn it all, that dream was so real...

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,034 Posts
I would point out that, between Moebius, Monarch, and Round 2, the stuff that John's dreams are made of are wild itens like life-size monster kits. For me, this hobby is getting to be the only aspect of life where reality is better than fantasy. Without help :drunk:, that is.

Mark McG.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
It seems to me there was a series of kits that each contained parts to a larger kit??? I believe it might have been the Frankenstein Monster ?...does this ring a bell with anyone here or was this also just a wishful thinking dream:drunk:?
Mcdee

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
There were some universal action figures awhile back, each blister card had a monster and a single part to a larger Frankenstein. Get all four or five cards and you could assemble a larger Frankenstein. I'm sure thats what your thinking about. I cant remember the maker, and passed on these when they came out, because the likenesses were not that great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts