Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time for a new thread. Old one was started in 2008 for the Warrior SK conversion kit, which has been out of production for 2 years!

The Aurora will be offered as a conversion kit, as well as a complete Roller with an Aero1 SK body. Front ends and rear axles will be CRC pieces. All you need is tires and electronics.

Starting in October, all Aurora cars will include all new DRC rear pod to accept any brushelss motor setup.

Check out drc-engineering.com
Check us DRC on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/DRC-Engineering/137746152940820

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Question about the Pod Plates. The conversion comes with the upper and lower graphite...right? And the AL rear side plates need to be like the old Assc L3O or L4O?

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct. BUT, as of the Fall the car will have a updated pod, with DRC's own L&R pod plates. Even if you just get a conversion kit, it will come with the plates.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. The old pod was fine when the most popular motor available was the Novak. Now, we're good for any motor. Also, you can bolt the motor to the pod using two adjacent holes on the can, and use the bottom slot on the motor plate. That drops the motor down a bit. Several pan cars do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yep. The old pod was fine when the most popular motor available was the Novak. Now, we're good for any motor. Also, you can bolt the motor to the pod using two adjacent holes on the can, and use the bottom slot on the motor plate. That drops the motor down a bit. Several pan cars do the same thing.
Thats cool. When will this be available? I asume the price will go up a bit too?

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats cool. When will this be available? I asume the price will go up a bit too?
Conversion kits including the new L&R bulkheads will probably be $155.
I am trying to keep the complete Roller kits at $300.

They will be available October.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Conversion kits including the new L&R bulkheads will probably be $155.
I am trying to keep the complete Roller kits at $300.

They will be available October.
I see the pics of it on your first post. I like it.

I'm about 99% sure I'll bet gettin me on of those. If the motor rules stay the same this year.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SK's invade Colorado...

E-Team Hobbyplex in Colorado is running SK's. Pictured is a new DRC Aurora. I'd bet there's no full-size SK racing in Colorado! Nice to see SK's spread out across the country.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Aurora's new rear pod has been approved for this season. Graphite being cut... rollers should be available 10/1.

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, we're getting close now. DRC Aurora SK rollers should be available for shipping on 10/1. What comes with the roller? Chassis complete with CRC front end, rear axle and hubs (wide hub), complete set of rear axle ride height adjusters, servo mounts, body mounts, AERO1 body, all the screws and hardware, and bearing. Basically, everything but tires, spur gear, and electronics. $300 plus $7 shipping. ***IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, CONTACT ME TO RESERVE YOURS TODAY! ***

1 - 20 of 84 Posts