Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started this kit for GB on another forum so I thought I would share my progress here....

The kit....

The hull halves were a horrible fit...

After cleanup and some of the work done...

Painting has commenced....

This is where i am up to now, so I will post some more shots when further along...Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That PE crane has got to be microscopic! Do you have any tricks when bending such small parts? Also, did you do a lot of masking when painting the decks, or is it all freehand?

It is looking very nice so far!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That PE crane has got to be microscopic! Do you have any tricks when bending such small parts? Also, did you do a lot of masking when painting the decks, or is it all freehand?

It is looking very nice so far!
When using Photo-Etch, I use an Etch-mate and a pair of Magnifyers and work very slowly and carefully.. When painting the Decks, I spray the overall Deck Colour and then use a fine Brush to do the detail work. Quite often I find that this scale is sometimes too small to Mask some details.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update so far. I have started the main assemblies working from the Stern Area up towards the Bow...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Major Superstructure And most of the Main assemblies are completed or are in place. To say the Forward Bridge area was difficult is an understatement. I spent at 45 minutes Test Fitting, Sanding and Paint touchups before I got it to this stage. I am pretty Happy with ot now but it could be better. I have painted Turrets' 1,2 and 4 With Red Roofs. This was the Colour That she wore as part of Group 1 at Pearl.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Most major Parts are now on Board. Just a few smaller Parts to go and some weathering plus Rigging and she shall be finished.........

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An update on the Arizona. She is almost finished. Just have to add some Railings Forward, A few more Parts, some Rigging and some weathering. Have a Base organised for her so She should be finished by that Infamous Date....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the comments Gents....Much appreciated. Arizona is almost done. Will post Pics when she is completed....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Big A is almost done and dusted. I only have to add the Props, some weathering and the stand and she is complete. Any comments are most welcome....Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The mighty A is almost done. Just have to the Anchor Chains and some Weathering and she will be my reminder of that fateful day in 41...Cheers Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments Paul. My Arizona is now completed. A fitting memorial to the 1177 Officers and Men who are now entombed on board including 17 sets of Brothers and a Father and Son...RIP

Cheers Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts