Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the very clear pieces of evidence is that the body has been dead for some time. The odor makes that certain, so it is quite likely that, as the coroner says, the victim has been dead for forty to fifty hours.

If the man backed the car into the garage that long ago, and left the motor running until he died, the car would have run out of fuel and the battery would have been drained owing to the fact that the ignition was left on. Therefore, I would not have been able to "tick the window down", as MissouriMike was quick to point out.

Mike, you get a roll in the next story.

Which brings me to my next subject. I did this little brain excercise in the spirit of pure fun. And sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone, especially Bobby, in using him as a member of the cast. It is my hope that everyone will look upon this, and any future stories as sort of a murder mystery party, where some people play suspects, another the victim, and so on.

I have some thoughts for a sequal, answering the question of Bobby's innocence or guilt in the matter, but will not go forth until I hear from Bobby himself at this point. I have a rather busy schedule next week and will probably only be on sporadically anyhow, but I'll check back on this post for any feedback.

In summing up, I used actual people to make this story more humorous for board members (hopefully)...and therefore tailor it to keep it connected to the hobby in some fashion. I could also use fictitious people if I post any future puzzles of this type. However, then it would be completely OT, and run into possibly annoying those who do not approve of OT posts. I'll be content to let a majority vote decide these issues and abide by whichever way the vote falls.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Robert, I think this thread is just what the board needs through this "slow" period, and await your next "episode". I can't imagine anyone objecting to their HT names being used, as it's all in good fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
It was fun. I'd be happy to be in the next story, in whatever imaginative way you can come up with. It's not like I have a reputation to uphold or anything, and most of all, it's all in good fun.

Like Rich said (wait - I'm agreeing with Carnut?!?!?), it's a slow time, and we are all looking for something to keep us looking here until we get some more cars. Keep up the good work!

Mike

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
I was only upset that I was written completely out.... :cry:
I think you come back at the end as a really bad guy. :thumbsup: (I suspect you get to frame me for the murder at Bobby's, when it appears that I was the one holding the KEY ... get it? Key role, holding the key??? :cool: :p :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. If posts remain favorable, I'll keep thinking about part two. I've already got MissouriMike pegged as a key witness to certain events at Bobby's party. But will Mike set Bobby free, or hang him with a rope of words?

All I'm gonna say for now. ;)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Thanks guys. If posts remain favorable, I'll keep thinking about part two. I've already got MissouriMike pegged as a key witness to certain events at Bobby's party. But will Mike set Bobby free, or hang him with a rope of words?

All I'm gonna say for now. ;)
Is that true - you can run out of gas idling for 2 days? Seems like it would last longer since you can drive 200-300 miles at 70MPH without stopping.... :confused:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quantum said:
Is that true - you can run out of gas idling for 2 days? Seems like it would last longer since you can drive 200-300 miles at 70MPH without stopping.... :confused:
For story purposes, we'll assume there wasn't a lot of gas in the car. With gas prices today, and the way it burns so dang quickly, who arrives anywhere with a full tank?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lpgeoteacher said:
Can I be a Killer or victim at some point it isn't easy to offend me!
If you guess right on the next chapter, you'll get into the act pretty quickly. Otherwise, I'll put you on the list for a future story. Who knows, who killed Lpgeoteacher might one day be as big as who killed Laura Palmer, or who shot J.R.

Maybe you'll even start a conspiracy group like the Kennedy assasination!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts