Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice. What's out there and what's good? I've looked at Trax mate, Trik Trax, and Slotdragon. The first two are outside my budget. No speed trap and not keen on the tree with the Slotdragon but the price is good! Is there other options? Any scratch built systems? Software?

·
Most Interesting Member
6,342 Posts
I use Slot Race Manager for my track, and have seen it used for drag racing.
You can build a tree for it, and it will activate it. There are some clubs that use it and have vids on youtube.
You can do traps by having each sensor set up as a lap, or something like that.
It has a lot of options and its a free download, DOS program.

http://www.cenobyte.nl/slotracemanager/

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Yep Tas if someone could link parts of the Slotdragon set up with the AW parts it would be a winner!! I thought I read some where someone was doing this?
Al, yep I probably will have to go with Slotdragon if nothing else surfaces?

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
But if your going for actual MPH, you need to pay more.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I have a friend working out the logistics for the programing. We are trying to put together a prototype, but it's not easy. He expects to offer such things as handicapping, reaction times, ET's and scale and 1:1 speeds. We've got it working, however making something to sell is a lot more complicated.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds perfect P71. I have looked into a scratch built set up but braincells and talent will prevent that happening!! Will do some more fishing around before I commit to the slot car drag racing game changer!! Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts