Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd post a few pictures of my most recent project - a restored Addar Dr. Zaius! I made very few changes based on screen caps I could find from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. The scrolls on the base were cut off and replaced with clear sprue. I also pasted an excerpt of an illustrated manuscript in the open book. Hope you like it!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Not bad for a Human :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the kind words! While the seams on these kits are a real challenge, they are great fun to build.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Were you channeling Maurice Evans while you were working on this, Al? Sweet job, sir!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Oooooh that's sweet! Great restoration and very impressed with what you did with the altar.
I love seeing pics of other people's finished work. It prods me to keep moving on mine!
I really wish PL had done the other PotA figure models. I have the 4 that they released but would love the others too.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice job!!! Using clear dowels makes it look a lot better - I'll have to remember that if and when I do mine.
Steve

·
Registered
882 Posts
Licensing costs I expect Trevor, They could have done Brent (James Franciscus) I expect he might not have cost so much... He fits thematically , as 4 out of the 6 kits are beased on Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I'm not counting the Gorilla on Horseback, he's good for movie 1,2 or 5...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts