Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kit has never been one of my faves...I think mostly because the finished product never seems to live up to the promise of the box art. Yeah, I know, that's true of most of the Aurora-style kits, but it's seemed particularly true of this one. With that in mind, my approach when I finally decided to build one was to try and replicate the box art as much as possible.

To do this, I gave everything a greenish tinge - what I didn't do with paint, I did with lots and lots of flourescent green pastel. Second, it's really important that his lab coat not look real uniformly white, or it's going to look pretty boring. So I dirtied it up, inked in lines, and so forth. Finally, this kit badly needs a backdrop. Couldn't find anything quite like the box art, so I found a photo of an abandoned house on line, turned it a bit green, and used that.

I'm pleased with the results - hope you like him, and comments welcome!

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
I really like the green hues you added, Paul! Great idea! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Paul, everything you said about this kit is true...but you've managed to bring old Dr.J to life and it looks like a 'Box-Art' kit:thumbsup: ...and the addition of the backdrop knocks this work straight out of the Ballpark!
GREAT JOB!!!
Mcdee:wave:

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Nice work, Paul. You're right about it not being one of the favorites, however, you really did a great job on it!!:thumbsup:

- Denis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts