Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been a hobbyist for most of my life, and have had a sort of ongoing project for a few years now. For once I finally have time to work on it.

That said, I've recently been trying to find a kind of odd item, and after hours of Googling, no luck. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for "Hobby" sized Double Strand chain, meaning that for each "link," there are parallel inputs. Ideally it would be plastic of some sort...maybe ABS or? Also, it would be nice if I could buy it in a 25'-50' roll, rather than assemble it myself as I need to be able to "splice" it to length, but if I have to start with a Gallon bag of link parts, I'll do that.

If you don't know what I mean by "Double Strand" chain, please see the attached image (basically, it's a two-wide chain.)

I appreciate any pointers! I could probably get away with two chains for my prototype, but that would be a pain.

Kendell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts