Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The days when you could walk into you local TRU, Wally's, Target, Kmart, etc. and have a hope that you will run across this:

Or this:

Or maybe something like this:

I sure do.

To quote Jack Nicholson from As good As It Gets, "Good Times,,,Noodle Salad,,,that's what life's all about". <the last part possibly paraphrased.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Yes, I miss those days too Mark ......but we still have CARnival to look forward too. :hat:

I miss the 10 car box sets the most.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I do have the AMX loose from that set. Great bunch of WLs
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
This was an evening find at TRU hanging on a peg at the top. (1 of 50, and missed by collectors).

Another WL found in the evening at TRU that was overlooked by collectors in my area. It also was hanging on a peg at the top.

The regular version was also there. It was in front of the WL.

This WL was at eye level, but was at the rear of the peg. White Lightning on the tires.

Guess no one wanted this one, so I bought it.

Regular version below.

Now I really miss the days of Johnny Lightning at TRU Mark. :(

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
The TRU MEGA BUY 2 pack is also something I miss. Some nice JL cars at a NICE price! I bought a lot of 'em.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
I only have found 1 WL in the wild, but I miss the days when the shelves at stores with full of JL and all kinds of brands of cars instead of the rather sad looking cars right now.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just like you Ray, I strolled into TRU late one afternoon to find this at eye level, 2nd car back, right behind the blue one. One of my favorites in my collection and one of the nicest JL castings ever IMO.

Same story with this one, an afternoon find, this one right on the front, same TRU.

As for those sets I found 7 WLs in those sets, 3 of them were Regals and the rest were mixed. I decided early on that I would never be able to get close to completing the set so I traded them all away, silly me.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The TRU around me (2) only have the JL 5 car packs. Its the pack with the mystery silver packaged car. :(

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Miss them all the time. But been real busy collecting the PM era cars. Basically from '99 - '05.

]
...a real beauty...:thumbsup:...never did find TonysZ in a WL but did get the regular version...this one and his Impala are two of my favorites...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts