Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...You go looking for that one supply you know you bought several of awhile back, but when you look where you know you stored them, none are there and your entire project just ground to a halt as it's sunday and the store you got them from is closed.
-------------
Please add your own "Hate it when's..." I'd like to hear them! :wave:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Don't you hate it when you're a hobby store and your wholesallers don't have what your customers want, and when they finally get it, you don't have the money to buy it?

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Don't you HATE it when you drop a tiny piece of your model and you hear that 'tick' sound as it ricochets off the floor and into another dimension...never to be seen again :(
Mcdee:wave:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
As a shop owner - when someone badgers me for some off the wall item or kit I dont usually handle... and when it comes in they just want to look at it. Thats why (sadly) all special orders are paid in full up front and are non refunable!

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
don't you hate it when your LHS has several of the same model kit in stock for years and suddenly you have the notion to do one, run to the shop and they're sold out?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
...You go looking for that one supply you know you bought several of awhile back, but when you look where you know you stored them, none are there and your entire project just ground to a halt as it's sunday and the store you got them from is closed.
-------------
Please add your own "Hate it when's..." I'd like to hear them! :wave:
This happens to me constantly!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't you hate:

That sinking feeling when you realize you've just dipped a wet paintbrush covered with red paint into a jar of white.

-Neil

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Don't you hate it when you think the model paint is dry and you go to apply a second coat and it reacts with the colour of the base coat?

Also...for hobby shop owners...don't you hate it when you spend all your money bringing in model cars because a lot of people were asking for them the month before, only to have the same people now asking for model airplanes this month?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Don't you HATE it when you drop a tiny piece of your model and you hear that 'tick' sound as it ricochets off the floor and into another dimension...never to be seen again :(
Mcdee:wave:

......until the tiny crunching sound you hear later when you step on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dont you hate it when your two year old decides that your just finished model would look better coloured in with crayons and felt tips. (bless them)

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
washable crayons and the like hasn't reached across the pond yet?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't you hate:

Finding that one part on the sprue you forgot to paint during the ten-layer, custom mix, airbrush sequence.

Don't you hate even worse:

Realizing it's the most visible part on the whole model.

-Neil

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I hate it when sometimes no matter how much you sand, you just can't get fine scratches out.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
This happens to me constantly!:thumbsup:
These all happen to me constantly, except I don't have kids to help me foul things up. But I do hate it when a couple of colors don't mix properly, or thinner won't take the paint off a brush - after which I look more closely at the bottles and find out that I'd been using Testors Model Master Acryl instead of oil-based paint or vice versa.

Mark McG.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Speaking of which Mark, I hate it when people say "Oh, I painted something in Acrylics and I made a mistake and simply washed the model clean off like it was never painted before!"

When I try and clean off an acrylic paint job with water, I find that in the 5 seconds the paint was on the kit that it has dried up rock solid or will leave a part of dried paint on in one spot that not even Easy Off will remove.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Don't you just hate it when you are in the mood to build a kit, and just get sat down at the workbench to start and the wife comes in and says, "Why don't we go over to Mom's and visit?", and you know that if you say no, things will only go down hill from there?:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE]washable crayons and the like hasn't reached across the pond yet?[/QUOTE]
washable crayons yes, felt tips that i now know to be permanent marker not so easy to remove. all this while she was being watched by the wife.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts