Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Reminds me of how car salesman never seem to know what they're talking about half the time - unless they really are car guys and not just salesmen... I've seen so many dealer ads for straight-six Jeeps claiming V6 power.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I used to work at an auto parts back in '99. I had a customer stop in and ask for spark plugs for his Chevy pickup. He told me it was a 4.3, so I brought out 6 plugs. He told me that he needed 2 more because it was a V8. I explained to him that the 4.3 in an S-10 was a V6. He got quite belligerence with me. To simply remedy the situation, we took a walk out to the parking lot and I asked him to pop the hood. What was there? Yes, a 4.3 V6. We lost a sale on spark plugs that day...

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Honetly, I think he got taken on the truck and I was the one to point it out to him.

We had another guy that came in for antifreeze. When we rang up 3 bottles @ $15 or so, he decided that he'd rather dump in some window washer. He bought 3 gallons for under $3 and was on his way... Saw him with a different car (a van) the next time he came in. He somehow had lost his dipstick. We found him a replacement for around $100. It was for a early 80s van. The friggin' thing was like 6 feet long. How could you loose that? From that day on, we referred to him as dipstick.

Memories - I've got so many stories about that place, I could go on for days... LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts