Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
565 Posts
I wish everyone attending K-day tomorrow good luck as well..:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I have to go into work for 7am so I will miss it, but I will stop afterwards and see if I can't pick up some stuff. The last few K-day's I have been to I haven't even had a TH or super in the case so I pretty much gave up going.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
No Kmart within a 100 miles of me, so I never have the option of going or not :p

If I didn't have other obligations, I would go to the Heart of Dixie Hot Wheelers show in Calera, AL tomorrow, though. Did Kday once when on vacation and I was underwhelmed.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not lackluster for me, sure the recolors i have no interest in grabbing but the nissan titan and the other 2 are ones i do want...im going just because ive never been, and hopefully they will have the P case which contains cars i want.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
If I wake up in time I may go, but K-Days have been sucking lately.... Last K-Day I went too we only had 4 inner small boxes from a 1/2 Master Case and the 1st 4 people who got picked out of the 30 people took everything so 26 of us walked away.

The lady who was in charge of the event was looking at me in confusion in why everyone left the event after the first 4 tickets were drawn. I explained that the only reason these people show up is for the Treasure Hunt Car inside each case. I also mentioned that if the Store gets in low #er cases again, that the Store should break the cases open and place 5 cars inside paper bags to make the odds better for each person who is holding a ticket. Place them on the table and start calling #####.

I explained that each person would get a bag and it's up to them if they choose to purchase the Cars inside. If not, then they can leave them behind for someone else to purchase. The lady said that, that was a great idea as she was wondering why everyone left.... Now she knows why.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The last Kday i went to, I showed up a little before 9 and walked in the store to find all of the boxes already opened and cars laid out on a table with a man and his son looking through them... Every single thunt was gone of course. I asked what was going on and the man said they were like that when he got there.

I had the person at the service desk call over the manager and told him that the event wasn't supposed to start until 9 and what the deal was. He shortly informed me that he could do it when the store opened if he felt like it and walked away...

I had drove 45 minutes to get there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Takin my younger son with me and hopefully find sum new stuff!! T-hunts are just a "BONUS" it's all about spending time with the "BOYS"!! { and girls too}

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I want to take my little girl and hope she finds and experience the thrill of finding an exciting car but ne'er having attended one can anyone speak as I how early one should arrive to these?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Kday is for suckers, the last one i went to, me and my friend got the last two cases, i got a reg hunt, and so did he, and then gave mine away to another guy there, and got loudly called a A hole for giving it away, so, kday sucks, hot wheels sucks, and 99% of the people who go should be set on fire, including the managers who run these.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Somebody pissed in your wheaties there huh Craig?
:p
I've never been to one so I might give it a whirl and I'll be sure to wear Nomex in case CraigO is there.
I for one like the hunt and excitement of finding them in the wild versus just buying over the net. The few I've purchased like that don't have a story or experience behind them and usually therefore bore me quickly and end up as an RAOK or trade.

I enjoy the experience behind collecting as much as the physical object. I still rememer vividly finding my first Thunt and super while only less than a year ago I have those cars and specifically those cars are special to me. Not the casting but those exact pieces of cardboard and plastic.

But everyone has different feelings about it. I personally enjoy finding A chase car then when that rush fades, I pass it on to someone else.

If ya wait long enough most of my trade list will make its way as an extra into someone's box or an RAOK. Gotta be able to rebuff the wife's accusations of "hoarding". Lol

You want a hug Craig? I'd send you an RAOK of hotwheels but you apparently don't like them. Don't have many M2 yet to be able to send ya.
Maybe one of the ones I bought the other day you posted you wanted will be available soon. The mustang and Camaro I think it was.

I'm just playin with ya Craig. Not being a turd.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Kday is for suckers, the last one i went to, me and my friend got the last two cases, i got a reg hunt, and so did he, and then gave mine away to another guy there, and got loudly called a A hole for giving it away, so, kday sucks, hot wheels sucks, and 99% of the people who go should be set on fire, including the managers who run these.
That is funny but true in so many ways as everyone has or will experience a horrifying K-Day one time or another.... You will read soon in what others will expereince at their Kmart tomorrow.... I have seen grown me arguing and fist fighting at these events so nothing will shock me unless someone decides to take a crap on the floor in front of everyone... Hey not a bad idea to get all the good Cars... :lol: :lol: Okay that was sick and out of line but funny in a weird warped minded way. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Wait till the white guy brings 15 children of different colors, and like i said, called an ahole for giving away a hunt, these days usually only attract scalpers, and maaaybe a few collectors, but you'll see guys bring thier wife and kids, and all ge t tickets, then daddy will point out the super to them, then you'll notice daddy will hold it, just to make sure its safe...AND NO ONE PISSED IN MY WHEATIES, I JUST HAAATE KDAY. And i have the two cars you mentioned coming in the mail, bought the camaro for 10 shipped and the mustang for 12 shipped.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
How is there arguing and fighting? Don't you get your own case and you get to buy whatever you want out of it?
they draw tickets, and say there are 4 cases and 50 people, the first 4 will pull the supers, or anything else valuable, then the rest will leave, and maybe two guys will look thru the rest, then it's over.or you could go, and find that the cases are already open, and no hunts of any kind from seeded cases.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
How is there arguing and fighting? Don't you get your own case and you get to buy whatever you want out of it?
The rules are dumb but effective for the Stores who have 100+ people who show up

What happens is you show up early before 9am and get a ticket w/#ers and they call out #ers for the first batch of people to pick 5 Cars from a suppose sealed Case ( I have seen many open prior to the event which makes the event poorly ran, but we won't get into that ) for 5 mins - and when your 5 mins is up you have to step back and let the next people pick through the open cases which shouldn't have much left as all the good stuff has been picked by the first person. I have seen men and woman argue at these events because you will always have an idiot who thinks he's a better collector than the next guy or gal. It's a ego trip game with the people who think just because they have been collecting for 100yrs that they should be first to go through the boxes. I personally sit back and watch these idiots who call themselves collectors.

Eric, make sure to bring boxing gloves and mace as every K-day is different for others. I have been to all of them but (1) that I can recall and most of them were decent, but I have seen my fair share of idiots who attend these shows.

Oh, And do not be surprised if you see a guy with 10 children ( Not his family ) at the event as what the collector/scalper would do is grab all the neighborhood children for this event so he can find the THs to resell.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wait till the white guy brings 15 children of different colors, and like i said, called an ahole for giving away a hunt, these days usually only attract scalpers, and maaaybe a few collectors, but you'll see guys bring thier wife and kids, and all ge t tickets, then daddy will point out the super to them, then you'll notice daddy will hold it, just to make sure its safe...AND NO ONE PISSED IN MY WHEATIES, I JUST HAAATE KDAY. And i have the two cars you mentioned coming in the mail, bought the camaro for 10 shipped and the mustang for 12 shipped.
I was just messin with ya. But this will be my first and maybe last if it ends up like you describe. I was gonnna try to bring my little girl but only because she loves to collect cars. If she gets lucky she can keep wht she finds and if she falls in love with anything I were to find its hers. I'm a sucker for my kids. My 20 month old boy HAD to have my American Hauler redline, just wanted that "truck, truck, truck" so I gave it to him. I just try to keep track of it. It only cost me $3 so if he enjoys it then that vehicle is fulfilling its original purpose once again. Although I draw the line at my magenta bye focal and plum show off. He tends to enjoy driving cars off the table into the tile floor and laughing at my horrified look. Lol.

I still love ya Craig. I really wasn't being a dick about the m2 either. Was being serious in case I didn't like ten when they arrive.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
My local Kmart lets one "collector" (same guy every time) be in charge of the "list" of people that show up in the order they "got there". I showed at 5:45 am one time just to be first or close to it on the list, only to find the for mentioned "collector" sitting in the parking lot with a couple other guys and I was 23rd on the "first come first serve list" and he as always is first. This Kmart always gets one or two master cases so I have never gotten a case there as I've ALWAYS been between 21st and 28th on this BS "list". I've mentioned the way the event is supposed to go to the manager before but she thinks this way works just fine. :beatdeadhorse:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts